Anthrax in Montreal...10/10/2003!!!!!

Tharsh

Mar 30, 2003
Sorry about the delay, but I don't have access to c omputer too often...regardless, just wanted to let y'all know about the gig here...start of the 2nd leg of the North American tour...my third time seeing them in the past few months and it's a rush every time...goddamn I love this fuckin' band...here is the setlist in the correct order...opening with the Blues Brothers intro...

(01) Contact / What Doesn't Die
(02) Black Dahlia
(03) Got The Time
(04) Caught In A Mosh
(05) Safe Home
(06) Inside Out
(07) Antisocial
(08) Black Lodge
(09) Madhouse
(10) Belly Of The Beast
(11) Refuse To Be Denied
(12) N.F.L.
(13) Only
(14) Be All End All
(15) Metal Thrashing Mad
(16) Indians

I fuckin' lost it during BELLY...Persistence in just about my fave 'thrax record ever and anything apart from the cover woulda made me wet myself but going with one of my fave tunes ever...NICE! The first big crowdsurge was during Got The Time then Antisocial...pity Belly didn't get that kinda reaction but the mosh during Indians was something else...the chant for that just wouldn't end as Metal Thrashing Mad got done...

Christ, you know what, even 3 days after the gig I'm not myself. Belly and Indians definitely did it for me changing over from Whole Lotta Rosie and Among The Living from when I saw them in Toronto 2 months ago...

FANBOY moment: During N.F.L. Frankie spots me singing along like a motherbitch, tosses me a pick, it gets tangled in my hair, and he asks "you get it?!" I yell no, he tosses another...I manage to get the first one outta my hair and my bud get's the 2nd...why so fanboyish? Coz the exact same thing happened in May during N.F.L. he comes right up and hands me a pick for the singalong prowess. I've been smiling like a starstruck little boy ever since :) Scored an aftershow pass from a homie, stuck around and the fellas came out, Bruce Willi-er, um...Bush comes right up and asks me about something I'd mentioned in Toronto, haha that was FANBOY moment #2. Tripped out he remembered. Right on \m/

What more to say, best fucking band around, if you can't dig it, you're missing out...I sorta had a ride to Quebec City for the next gig and woulda had some Cro Mags homeboys hook it up (these guys ripped it up, and despite my misgivings abuot the whole NYC drama bullshit it was a rockin' show and everyone enjoyed it and John Joseph is a top bloke) but no ride back. I did local crew for Helloween the following day instead and was never more depressed...here I am listening to these homos sing about pumpkins when Anthrax was a 2 and a half hour away busting out Metal Thrashing Mad.

Here's to another time... :hotjump:

Reactions: mentalmeltdown
Reading your post makes my fanboy juices flowing.......um..........hmmmmm.........that sounds pretty bad, I guess.

Like I've posted before.
If you haven't seen Anthrax live, you haven't lived, Ragamuffin.