Melbourne Set List

strik9 said:
Dimebag was a talented lead guitarist, but I thought as a band Pantera is/was overrated. Personally I think Phil Anselmo's whole "we are the kings of metal" type rants were fucking bullshit! Imo Pantera made a bunch of crappy hair metal albums, 1 decent thrash album (CFL),1 decent thrash/groove album (VDOP) and the rest was at best above average half thrash/groove metal. If people like them good for them, but I've never been a fan, other than liking a few songs on Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power. It's been said enough, but Exhorder is much better, and that's pretty much what 90's Pantera imo modeled a huge part of their sound from. That said, I'll say Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power (to a lesser extent) are good introductory albums to metal in general. I just think Pantera aren't as good as most people think they are.

I don´t know about it, dude, I always thought of Pantera as of one of the most groundbreaking metal band, they had something which no one else had...and you didn´t mention their best album, The Great Southern Trendkill...
as far as the "kings of metal" thing goes, Manowar used to say it too :lol:

johnnieCzech said:
I don´t know about it, dude, I always thought of Pantera as of one of the most groundbreaking metal band, they had something which no one else had...and you didn´t mention their best album, The Great Southern Trendkill...
as far as the "kings of metal" thing goes, Manowar used to say it too :lol:

Don't they still say it! :lol: That's cool, I respect your opinion dude. I dunno about Trendkill being their best. Imo CFH is Pantera's best album. I think that album has the best vocals, guitar solos/riffs, bass playing, drumming, and songwriting of any Pantera album, although I've never heard Reinventing The Steel.

Captain Trips said:
all I'm saying is that Joey doesn't know the song 'coz he's not a part of the scene.
He's a country and western singer that know the lyrics and harmonies of Anthrax songs because Scott and Charlie showed him.

BUSH on the other hand fuckin loves Metal and IS metal!

I think Joey likes metal. He was wearing Maiden and a Master Of Puppets t-shirts in some of the pics on Anthrax.com. I don't think he's a big fan of growlers and Phil Anselmo type vocalists. Just because he dosen't listen to Pantera dosen't mean he isn't part of the scene. As I recall Joey opened for WASP a few years back. So I think he's more part of the scene than you think.

strik9 said:
I think Joey likes metal. He was wearing Maiden and a Master Of Puppets t-shirts in some of the pics on Anthrax.com. I don't think he's a big fan of growlers and Phil Anselmo type vocalists. Just because he dosen't listen to Pantera dosen't mean he isn't part of the scene. As I recall Joey opened for WASP a few years back. So I think he's more part of the scene than you think.

Yea, fair enough. you got me - I do have a bias as I love Bush. (no pun intended).
I just remember being a mega Anthrax fan with Belladonna, and I didn't think it could get any better. And I freaked out when I heard Joey was out. Then "Sound of White Noise" came out and suddenly Anthrax stepped up to a higher notch that I don't think was possible with Joey. I started to notice how more "comfortable" john fitted the band.

i noticed on the tour shirts that this tour is "idiot Convention Phase 1".
This isn't likely but how fucking cool would it be if "Phase 2" was an all-star reunion - john bush, joey b, frankie bello, paul crook and (ha ha) Neil Turbin,
and whoa support bands: nuclear assault and S.O.D.

C'mon - a man's gotta have his dreams right?

Captain Trips said:
all I'm saying is that Joey doesn't know the song 'coz he's not a part of the scene.
He's a country and western singer that know the lyrics and harmonies of Anthrax songs because Scott and Charlie showed him.

BUSH on the other hand fuckin loves Metal and IS metal!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Captain Trips said:
Yea, fair enough. you got me - I do have a bias as I love Bush. (no pun intended).
I just remember being a mega Anthrax fan with Belladonna, and I didn't think it could get any better. And I freaked out when I heard Joey was out. Then "Sound of White Noise" came out and suddenly Anthrax stepped up to a higher notch that I don't think was possible with Joey. I started to notice how more "comfortable" john fitted the band.

i noticed on the tour shirts that this tour is "idiot Convention Phase 1".
This isn't likely but how fucking cool would it be if "Phase 2" was an all-star reunion - john bush, joey b, frankie bello, paul crook and (ha ha) Neil Turbin,
and whoa support bands: nuclear assault and S.O.D.

C'mon - a man's gotta have his dreams right?

That's cool man. To each their own. Dude I posted a simliar thing about a man having his dreams, but in my case it was hoping that Anthrax's next album regardless of the singer is more thrash oriented. :headbang: :lol:

strik9 said:
Dimebag was a talented lead guitarist, but I thought as a band Pantera is/was overrated.
It's been said enough, but Exhorder is much better, and that's pretty much what 90's Pantera imo modeled a huge part of their sound from. That said, I'll say Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power (to a lesser extent) are good introductory albums to metal in general. I just think Pantera aren't as good as most people think they are.

I agree completely. Anybody into Pantera´s music should check out "Slaughter In the Vatican" and "The Law" from Exhorder because these were the originals.