Anthrax live DVD

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
So whatever happened to the plans Anthrax had to release the show they filmed in London a while back? Is this still going to be released - anyone know?

I remember someone posted that Joey said that they weren't altogether happy with all of the performamce or audio..... Maybe parts of it (the good stuff) might find its way onto the WM deluxe version?

I'm glad WM is being re-released because I lost my copy when I moved into my house so just have the empty sleeve. Will be buying it (again) the day of release.

You're probably referencing my post from a few months ago re: what Joey said about the DVD. To paraphrase, he said they had some technical issues with recording equipment, and the intent is to release the DVD/Blu Ray/CD/whatever with about 2/3 of the show. He also said he didn't think it was a particularly great show to begin with.

I'd prefer it done properly. If you watch and listen close enough to past live DVD's videos you will notice the performances are very ordinary by Anthrax's usual live standards. The Island Years Live was not so good performance or sound wise, The reunoin DVD was better but had overdubs for Danny in places, Tech issues. Music of Mass destruction was probably the best performance but the Drum sound is odd and the guitars are thin. To me the best will always be NFV including all the guitar overdubs. It truly defines Anthrax in that Era. It sounds brutal and Heavy.

I don't know. I just hate it when bands don't release the whole show. It's live, there's supposed to be some mistakes!

If it were just a lackluster performance, I'd agree with you. But to my limited understanding of it, not all of the show is literally usable because of whatever technical problems occurred.

It's relitivly cheap to record shows these days in the digital era. They should just do another. Actually a previous poster was right to say they should have recorded multiple shows and used the best one.

^
^
^
+1

Strange how last time during the bulky camera era, bands could have 'tons' on vids recorded, yet now Anthrax seemed to be at lost on how to produce a DVD for their live performance?

NFV is still their best Live release, no doubt. The size of the stage, the size of the venue, the crowd, the band, the sound, the antics...its all there! Kind a awkward to watch them playing a smaller stage and seeing them trying hard to make it work.

Anthrax is one of the first bands on the bill for Wacken
2013, never been to Wacken, maybe next year? this show will definitely be filmed.