Anthrax Live

the_slaughterlord

New Metal Member
Jan 24, 2003
staffordshire, england
Visit site
Well, i have to post a message here about anthrax. I used to be a big fan in the mid 80's, but from state of euphoria, i think they started to loose it (as did many thrash bands i loved), but last night i went to see them in Nottingham with a friend who had a ticket going spare and i was totally blown away by them!!!!!! John bush is a far better frontman than Joey "Bell-end-donna" and there was not a single cheesy indian headress to be seen. The last time i saw them was 12 years ago, and i saw them many times with metallica in birmingham, at nottingham and bristol with Testament, donnington, london with Metal Church and Crimson Glory among the best, but they were just as good last night as at the "night at the madhouse" show in 87. They played some old stuff which fitted really well with the new stuff despite the wide difference in style, although only critisism is that they only played 1 from fistful of metal (apart from the 1 minute jam of soldiers of metal) which is still my favourite anthrax LP. I would urge anyone who used to be a fan of the band in the 80's, to give them another try, as they (almost alone it seems) can still please the old fans as well as the new- unlike Metallica whos new album has to be one of the biggest piles of shit! Heres to the next 20 metal thrashing years.

the_slaughterlord said:
Well, i have to post a message here about anthrax. I used to be a big fan in the mid 80's, but from state of euphoria, i think they started to loose it (as did many thrash bands i loved), but last night i went to see them in Nottingham with a friend who had a ticket going spare and i was totally blown away by them!!!!!! John bush is a far better frontman than Joey "Bell-end-donna" and there was not a single cheesy indian headress to be seen. The last time i saw them was 12 years ago, and i saw them many times with metallica in birmingham, at nottingham and bristol with Testament, donnington, london with Metal Church and Crimson Glory among the best, but they were just as good last night as at the "night at the madhouse" show in 87. They played some old stuff which fitted really well with the new stuff despite the wide difference in style, although only critisism is that they only played 1 from fistful of metal (apart from the 1 minute jam of soldiers of metal) which is still my favourite anthrax LP. I would urge anyone who used to be a fan of the band in the 80's, to give them another try, as they (almost alone it seems) can still please the old fans as well as the new- unlike Metallica whos new album has to be one of the biggest piles of shit! Heres to the next 20 metal thrashing years.

Nice review mang! & glad you enjoyed the show!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I totally agree. The only problem is, I think, that the people here will see them when they are near.... whose gonna convince the crowds here?? 2 weeks ago I was in Rotterdam (city in Holland), and there were Metallica posters EVERYWHERE you looked around. In almost EVERY bus-stop (is that english? Such a place where you wait for the bus) and all over the train station. Even every grandmother here now knows about the existence of a band called Metallica. How many people you think know about the Existence of Anthrax (besides the powder that is)?

the_slaughterlord said:

Mr. Q said:
In almost EVERY bus-stop (is that english? Such a place where you wait for the bus) (besides the powder that is)?
spot on good sir very good english

To the_slaughterlord welcome back to the fold. That album by that band is not very good. I didnt like it much. But wcfya is very good.