Anthrax Lyrics

AjDeath

Of One Man's Sanity
Mar 22, 2002
Fuckston, ME
Visit site
Huge Anthrax fan here, in fact I was thinking of changing my name from Aaron to Anthrax:D

Just wanted to know what all your fav Anthrax lyrics are.

Mine are Packaged Reballion, Hy Pro Glo, and Fueled.

I especially love the part in Hy Pro Glo where John says You've got that look I want to know, You've got that look that Hy Pro Glo, BUT, I would really like to know what Hy Pro Glo means, never heard or figured it out.

the lyrics to c11 are about the fact hat they are a truth serom and its about how cool it would be to ask the president all the questions u really wont to know about

Originally posted by mrthrax
the lyrics to c11 are about the fact hat they are a truth serom and its about how cool it would be to ask the president all the questions u really wont to know about
i would think the lyrics to this song are more about religion and lying clergy. "an imitation of life buried in theology", "where is truth in the trinity?", i can't drink from the cup", etc...

theology is the study of religion, the trinity is god, jesus, and the holy spirit, and the cup is referring to wine taken during the service. this makes hte most sense to me.

Originally posted by TD
Catharsis - I've lived thru that one.
Harms Way - I'm living thru that one

I don't know that I ever fully recovered from my reference to "Catharsis" it was a few years ago now..........not fun, not fun at all. At least her and I are friends these days, and at least she's happy - so that makes one less miserable person.............

As far as "Harms Way," I think I have a serious inertia problem, that and I decided a while ago instead of wondering why I'm not happy all the time, I was just gonna smile my ass off even if I was in dire straits, can't let anybody know they got me down, 'cause that is the only way they can get you down.

Originally posted by AjDeath
Yeah, Catharsis, is great,

about my question, what does Hy Pro Glo mean, and also who or what are the lyrics to C11 H17 N2 O2 S Na about?
[/QUOTE

In my interpretation of the song, "Hy Pro Glo" is a song about relationships, and the song is asking the questions of Trust and Commitment. How far are you willing to go for someone, what will you do for another person, what kind of respect can you get or do you deserve. To me this song is all about a man and a woman and all the problems and situations they encounter in having a relationship. The line "You got that look I want to know, You got that look the Hy Pro Glo, It burns a hole inside my mind", I think that means having someone know you so well, that they can read you just by looking at you. As far as what "Hy Pro Glo" means, I "think" it is something they just made up. This is of course, just my opinion.:confused:

Originally posted by TD

I don't know that I ever fully recovered from my reference to "Catharsis" it was a few years ago now..........not fun, not fun at all. At least her and I are friends these days, and at least she's happy - so that makes one less miserable person.............

As far as "Harms Way," I think I have a serious inertia problem, that and I decided a while ago instead of wondering why I'm not happy all the time, I was just gonna smile my ass off even if I was in dire straits, can't let anybody know they got me down, 'cause that is the only way they can get you down.

I got you there bro, I went through the same shit, and I decided a year ago that I wasn't going to let people get me down, I came to the sad and pitiful(for humanities sake) conclusion that I am the only person that I can count on when it comes to me, I smile my ass off now and I have never been happier, people know I won't put up with their facades and all their shallow bullshit, in short, if you aren't real with me I will leave you in my dust and fuck what you think, and if you have a problem with me, it is your problem because I see nothing wrong with being honest in every aspect of my life to myself and to everyone else. Whew, sorry about that.

The title from Hy Pro Glo comes from an dog food commercial for Purina High Pro dog food. They would show a golden retriever running through a field and his coat would start glowing and his owner would say something like ,"Yup, old Sparky has that High Pro glow." I always thought the person they were talking about in the song was somebody who looked like they had their shit together but it was all a facade. Inside they're empty....

j

Originally posted by Jeffasin
The title from Hy Pro Glo comes from an dog food commercial for Purina High Pro dog food. They would show a golden retriever running through a field and his coat would start glowing and his owner would say something like ,"Yup, old Sparky has that High Pro glow." I always thought the person they were talking about in the song was somebody who looked like they had their shit together but it was all a facade. Inside they're empty....

j

You know, back in the day when SOWN came out, I kinda made the dogfood commericial connection! Funny concept, but cool as well. The commerical was somthing like, New Purina with Hy Pro Glo!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Anthrax has written a shitload of very good lyrics. They are so good that I can´t sometimes get the meanings! :) Bare is my favorite, and also Startin´Up A Posse! :) :D