anthrax-manchester review

heavy metal

Jul 3, 2003
pickering north yorks uk
what a wild night.took a 2 hour ride to manchester via m62.found the venue strait away only to discover hatebreed hadn't turned up.couple of beers then into the hall ready for anthrax at 9-15 and proceeded for the next 100mins to get my arse thoroughly kicked by an amazing band.highlight was john bush diving into the crowd from the top of the speakers and doing a summersalt in mid air-phewthe setlist had undergone a slight change and some old classics saw the light of day again.including deathrider,nfl,and all the usuall favourites like cought in a mosh,antisocial,indians,bring the noise,state of euphoria,keep it in the family,safe home,what doesn't die,any place but here,random acts of sensless violence and a few more as well.a killer night and a extra encore which john bush said we earned.fantastic.

What a concert where shall is start, ok support band. I must confess I'm not a Hatebreed lover so when i read that they cancelled it made my day but Bullet for my Valentine Fucking owned! Anyone know where i can get hold of their shit, they were like machine head!!
When Anthrax came on the crowd just exploded. Every song played was fucking amazing favourites being:
*Safe Home
*Anti-Social
*Bring the noise
When Anthrax finaly came off stage the crowds cheers of "Anthrax! Anthrax!" Finaly paid off an they played Bring the noise, which made my day. Then they left the stage again, coming back to play anoher song due to the crowds "Anthrax! Anthrax!" once more. This was the finaly song; right at the end John got onto the amp started singing, put down mike, threw of fhis top then front flipped into the crowd. It was fucking amazing!!! Best gig I have ever been to!!!!! ANTHRAX RULEEEEEEEEEEE 10/10

heavy metal said:
the circle pit was craaaazy
yer, anyone know wher i can get hold of bullet for my valentine's shit?? tehy were fucking awesome kinda like machine head

X_Anthrax_X said:
yer, anyone know wher i can get hold of bullet for my valentine's shit?? tehy were fucking awesome kinda like machine head
we sure did earn the double encore!

heavy metal said:
what a wild night.took a 2 hour ride to manchester via m62.found the venue strait away only to discover hatebreed hadn't turned up.couple of beers then into the hall ready for anthrax at 9-15 and proceeded for the next 100mins to get my arse thoroughly kicked by an amazing band.highlight was john bush diving into the crowd from the top of the speakers and doing a summersalt in mid air-phewthe setlist had undergone a slight change and some old classics saw the light of day again.including deathrider,nfl,and all the usuall favourites like cought in a mosh,antisocial,indians,bring the noise,state of euphoria,keep it in the family,safe home,what doesn't die,any place but here,random acts of sensless violence and a few more as well.a killer night and a extra encore which john bush said we earned.fantastic.

Stormin' nite in Manchester yesterday with Anthrax back on top form.
I saw them in Bradford last year and met Rob (who is a realy nice guy) afterwards and he made my 21st birthday by signing my ticket. Last nite was f***ing amazing and the stage dive was truly spectacular. All I can say is come back soon guys!!!!! :hotjump:

"Hatebreed cancelled their bus broke down. Anthrax didnt even have a fucking bus!" John Bush :D

:OMG: there seems to be a real probelm with europena buses this summer, i know like 5 bands who couldnt make gigs because of bus shortage or bus breaking down

i was told hatebreed's lead singer damaged his back at nottingham - he played thru the pain in london but was too screwed to play manchester

dunno if thats true or not but it was a pity they couldn't play - they were really good at nottingham (couldn't drag myself outta the pub in time to see em in london!)

the shows are just getting better & better!

nottingham was good but the crowd were a bit flat (dunno if the football result had any bearing on that)
london was better - although london crowds are always hard to please - far too many people who just want to stand around and wont give anything back to the band

but manchester was a fucking awesome gig - best of the tour so far by a long way and its gonna take some serious beating!

although glasgow has got every chance of being the best - if i ever find the cunt who put in my back window while i was at the manchester gig (and nicked my anthrax cds) i'm gonna fucking kill him - i was meant to be going to glasgow but had to cancel cos my car needs repairs!!!!

too bad man =[[[ i was gonna go to the glasglow gig, just cant afford transport an ticket. I'll just stick with Fear Factory next week..

Ulster Mosher said:
Have they been playing Madhouse and Metal Thrashing Mad on the tour? I really hope they have.
Didn't play either in Manchester, in fact Scott had rather a rant about Metal Thrasing Mad and then they played Deathrider! :D

Random Acts was really good, and Indians crushed! First time I've seen 'em play that they always skipped it to play I am the Law all of the times I've seen 'em in Manchester.

Beastly_Boy said:
Didn't play either in Manchester, in fact Scott had rather a rant about Metal Thrasing Mad and then they played Deathrider! :D

Random Acts was really good, and Indians crushed! First time I've seen 'em play that they always skipped it to play I am the Law all of the times I've seen 'em in Manchester.
australia got mtm and mahouse,we didnt get random acts!!!!!!!!