Anthrax should make an album like "First Strike Still Deadly"

Bad Mr Frosty

Aug 25, 2002
Visit site
It would be cool if Anthrax would make an album re-recording their old songs with their current line-up like Testament did with First Strike Still Deadly, or Iced Earth with Days of Purgatory. The songs sound much more brutal and better, I think...

It would be neat because we could hear John Bush on the old songs, and the production would be a lot better (which was the main problem of the old albums)

Imagine how heavy Deathrider, Among the Living or Gung-Ho would sound with Bush and the new guitar sound and production values... :headbang:

I'd jump on this one for one reason, to hear Bush on the classics. Most of us have heard Bush live on the old stuff, but I wouldn't mind hearin a recorded version of it.

As for the production value, I think all records have their own personality, bad production or not. Not to say that I wouldn't want to hear an updated version of AIR.

The First Strike album is fucking killer btw.

Armored Saint put a redone "March of the Saint" on "Nod to the Old School" and it is fucking great!!! I would pay $500.00 for a full version of that album redone to today's standards. Don't even get me started on new versions of old Anthrax. I'd have to claim bankruptcy. John Bush is the fuckin best..........

I finally got "Nod To The Old School" a couple of days ago. It's pretty fucking sweet.
However, I don't like the EP/Demo stuff on there too much. But the live tracks and the first half of Disc 1 are fucking killer!!
Bush RULES!

Personally, I like to see almost every band do that. Anthrax definatly. Bush singin the classics plus they can make changes and make things sound better. Even if they release the tracks as self-released and sell them at concerts, that would be cool as hell.

I agree Thrax Dude. I rarely like Demos more than the finished product so I rarely see them more than filler. Although after being mixed the song can sound fucked up.

I would love to hear MR. Bush make badass songs even more badass.
or hey they could go the Fear FActory rout and remix them!!!! :puke:
-Jono-

this sounds like a great idea. first strike is an amazing record, helped escpecially by the guitar wizard alex skolnick!
so, if thrax re did their classic songs who should play lead? personally i think since danny left (despite his personal issues) thrax have not managed to lay down one decent guitar solo - that's just my opinion. danny was/is a cool guitarist.
many of the songs on stomp were spoilt by very average solos. the one that stands out in particular is "in a zone". it's total heavy and angry and along comes this gay bluesy solo that doesn't fit the context of the song.
let's wait and see what rob cagg. is like...!

I guess the idea of an album like Testaments "first Strike"doesn't intrigue me too much, probably because I like Joey more, and so I would rather listen to the oringinals. However, it would be very cool to hear the songs re-recorded with today's advanced technology.

Yeah they definitely should do that. I think some of the old tunes were written for John's voice. That would really kick megatons of ass. Let's pray.

Originally posted by tattooedsean666
I wouldn't be upset if someone happened to email scott with this cd suggestion and he happened to read it and he happened to at least consider it in the future.

Be my guest!!!!!!
Who's that guy slammin??????is it Hannibal?????I Like it!!!!!!!