Anthrax NEws???

how can anyone believe this, when the announcement is basically saying their new singer is some guy named Dan, formerly of a band you can't really find online?
After I saw it here, I was wondering that too. I checked metal-archives and the band isn't listed-- and metal-archives has a bajillion bands on it.

And to DB, this Dan dude isn't too original either if he sounds like John, now is he? :p

I'm not TOTALLY believing it until I see an official announcement on the official website. I suppose I'll just sit back and see how it plays out...

Dude Zack Stevens is doing very well with Circle ll Circle got to see them last year at Prog Power USA and they smoked, anyway in 2009 Stevens will join Savatage again trust me

It's that right:) I heard that the next new Savatage album will be their last.:cry: No disrespect to Jon Oliva but zack was a very good choice inregards to Jon not singing for the group.

Circle II Circle first album I do have and it's heavy...
That's good news that zack will join savatage again:headbang:

...well, I guess it's better we call him NELSON...

nelsonwx3.jpg

to avoid confusions, you know.... :p

I'm a little excited that they have someone, I gotta say. New Anthrax material has always been a good thing, never a bad thing. Bring it on!

It's that right:) I heard that the next new Savatage album will be their last.:cry: No disrespect to Jon Oliva but zack was a very good choice inregards to Jon not singing for the group.

Circle II Circle first album I do have and it's heavy...
That's good news that zack will join savatage again:headbang:

Rumor has it too that Savatage's members all except Chriss R.I.P. will join for a tour and most likely at least for Prog power usa in Atlanta in a couple of years might be for PP's 10th aniv
Burden of Truth the latest Circle ll Circle is awesome, at PP they did Edge of Thorns & Hand Full of Rain and the place went Nuts with those Savatage Classics!!!!

Rumor has it too that Savatage's members all except Chriss R.I.P. will join for a tour and most likely at least for Prog power usa in Atlanta in a couple of years might be for PP's 10th aniv
Burden of Truth the latest Circle ll Circle is awesome, at PP they did Edge of Thorns & Hand Full of Rain and the place went Nuts with those Savatage Classics!!!!

Would it be al pitrelli or alex skolnick reuniting along with steve "doc" wacholz, johnny lee middleton,chris caffery and jon oliva..That's gonna be one hell of a year when it happens:headbang:

Savatage the only time I saw them was in 1987 during their hall of the mountain king..I think it was called The devastation tour...shit I was 12 I think..:) but the set was short lived..during the hall of the mountain king song some fucking idiot decided to throw a flask at jon in the face and their whole show was cancelled...Since then Savatage has not toured north of the border in Texas..:cry: Fuck I do not blame Jon I would have done the same..How can you deal with people like that..anyway I heard from my cousin that the guy who threw the flask got his ass kicked:headbang:

As long as he kicks ass, that's all I care about.

EDIT: Also, here's a photo. Obviously photoshopped background:

dan01.jpg

Go, get yourself some cheap sunglasses...:cool:

If this is true, it´s a good decision to pick someone not related to any known band. Let´s give him a chance.

@bolivershagnasty: :lol: Wasn´t "Prof. ANTHRAX" Yellowbeard´s fake identity? The circle is now complete...

About Sava: Hopefully they come to europe once again. Would be sad if they really plan some kind of farewell-tour/album/whatsoever. Btw., what happened to this Damen Dingsbums (forgot his last name) who was the last official singer of Savatage? Saw them live with him once or twice and I think he did pretty good. Could also fit in with Anthrax...

:loco::loco: I swear that I listen to many bands and Anthrax has to be the biggest band in not telling people who support them the most first. I know. I know. I am not complaining. I will support the new guy who I am glad if this is true that he isn't a well known person.

I swear you can find out more about Ft. Knox than you find out about upcoming anthrax events.:lol:

I will have to rely on others as even though I have seen them 96 times, they aren't getting another dollar from me for the cdc. I don't care if I miss out on some cool looking shirt or a button.o_O

Exactly my thoughts Sean. How smart is it really, to save the biggest news about the band in years, for such a tiny audience in the CDC. Wouldn't they want as many people as possible on the planet to know the band is still a going concern?

Im sure the whole planet will know the news within an hour of the chat finishing. We all know fanclubs get to know things or book tickets first. I won't be in the chat as it is stupid o'clock but i can wait, I've waited long enough now so a few hours more ain't going to hurt