Anthrax on Headbanger's Ball???

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
I just heard that Anthrax will be on Headbanger's Ball tonight.
Anyone know about this??????????????
:err:

As guests? I remember there was something on this site saying Anthrax and Godsmack would be on the first episode, what the hell ever happened with that? They've shown Indians back when Rob Zombie was still the host, and they've shown Safe Home at least twice.

Headbanger's Ball is on MTV2, but on the channel guide it doesn't list it as being on tonight, instead they're showing past winners of the MTV Music Awards. On the Metallica website, they say Headbanger's Ball won't return until Aug. 31st.

I Seen It On Mtv2 Anthrax The Greatest Speed Metal Band Of All Time On Tonight Do Not Miss It................

shit i've just my boring german mtv

If there is a cool guy outside, who could record it and send it to me some way?

The part with Anthrax would be totally cool. Or if so Anthrax AND Godsmack...

pleeeeease... make a ll'german fan happy :worship:

Cincy Vigilante said:
What a load of crap can't Anthrax catch a break...

Sorry, but Public Enemy just aren't hip (or that good) anymore. :D

It's sad to think (though Bring the Noise ruled) that Anthrax only got big because of their punk covers and rap metal collaborations, but that's how it is. Sound of White Noise was the only 'Thrax album to go platinum, and that's over ten years ago now (when you could still get away with mixing thrash and pop). I'd love to see them on eMpTyVee, even though I'm willing to admit that they're past their prime in terms of popularity and creativity. I'm just glad they're still making excellent albums like WCFYA, unlike other former thrash greats *ahemMetallicaahem*. :cool:

Jurassic 5 is the greatest rap group right now, though I can't see them doing any collaborations with Opeth or Strapping Young Lad. Maybe that's a good thing. :p

Deege said:
past their prime in creativity? WCFYA is their most solid record to date. Creating 14 solid songs ain't past prime in songwriting, man.

Creativity means making something new and important. I love WCFYA, but which do you think was more innovative: mixing punk hardcore with glam metal and the NWOBHM in the late '80s, or the industrial/pop thrash hybrid we're getting now?

Dream Theater is my favorite band of all time, but I'm willing to admit that their last disc is their worst ever, and they'll probably never make anything that comes close to Awake. As a rule, rock bands do their most important work in their late 20s and early 30s. By the time they hit fifty, they've typically lost touch with anything and everything that's important in music. With that in mind, 'Thrax are an extrordinary story, making music as good as they are in their forties. :OMG:

Anthrax was on HBB. No live footage, but it was cool that they got a chance to talk about WCFYA. There was also a commercial promoting the album, which I thought was cool since Sanctuary Records haven't done much for Anthrax since they album came out.