Anthrax on Headbanger's Ball???

prime666 said:
Anyone catch the Phil Anselmo special after the ball. Suposivly he was gonna show a bunch of hardcore videos?

Yeah, he played some pretty cool stuff but I'm seriously worried about Phil, the guy was sooooooooooo fucked up you could hardly understand anything he said. He's been like that everytime I've seen him recently.

lupe_m said:
Anthrax was on HBB. No live footage, but it was cool that they got a chance to talk about WCFYA. There was also a commercial promoting the album, which I thought was cool since Sanctuary Records haven't done much for Anthrax since they album came out.

But they've been showing that Anthrax commercial for the album for a while.

KY_Fried442 said:
Yeah, he played some pretty cool stuff but I'm seriously worried about Phil, the guy was sooooooooooo fucked up you could hardly understand anything he said. He's been like that everytime I've seen him recently.

I agree. He looked like he was stoned. I couldn't understand what he was saying either.

So, were they on the ball Saturday Night??

I dont even have cable so i wouldnt know, but were they on and what did they talk about?

Also what videos dod Phil play? I heard he was gonna play vids by the Cro Mags, Sick of it All and black Flag!!

lupe_m said:
I agree. He looked like he was stoned. I couldn't understand what he was saying either.
Dude, he was WAY beyond stoned. You don't get that way on weed unless your a kid and it's your first time or something and we know that's not the case with Phil. He was on some heavy shit. He looked like he was on heroin or a massive dose of pain killers or valium. I just hope he's OK.

Sentdown said:
So, were they on the ball Saturday Night??

I dont even have cable so i wouldnt know, but were they on and what did they talk about?

Also what videos dod Phil play? I heard he was gonna play vids by the Cro Mags, Sick of it All and black Flag!!

Anthrax talked about new album, what bands they were listening to. The shows. They showed Safe Home+Madhouse video. Scott is so funny looking in madhouse. As soon as my scanner get working I have a funny one of him I will post.

Phil played We gotta know (cro mags). That was cool. Havent heard that song in a while, played wrathchild (Paul Dianno Maiden),old sabbath, cant remember what else. He was so baked. Could not see his eyes, and was just all mumbling.

KY_Fried442 said:

Phil is always messed up looking every time he's on TV now. He seems completely fried. That dude has some major issues. He sounds like a total moron evbery time he opens up his mouth now. i don't know what he's on besides weed, but it is taking him down--faster and faster.

Maybe in 10-20 years from now, MTV will have a new show called "The Anselmos".

Doesn't MTV2 re-play the last Saturday's HBB on Friday? I hope so. I was trying to watch Anthrax on HBB, but the fukin satalite went out thanks to the weather. :erk:

KY_Fried442 said:
I finally saw it, that dude is so fuckin fried its unbelievable! Whats up with the guy trying to talk in as deep a voice as possible? What is it some vocal tecnique to be a bigger wanker... PHil please pass the methadone.

Headbanger's Rerun (with Anthrax) was on last night. It was syndicated, instead of being two hours long, it was one hour long.

I caught the 1 hour repeat last night, and I thought I heard Charlie say that Volume 8 was being re-released on Sept. 23. Did anyone else catch that?

Todd said:
I caught the 1 hour repeat last night, and I thought I heard Charlie say that Volume 8 was being re-released on Sept. 23. Did anyone else catch that?
I caught that when Charlie told me :D. And when I heard it on Headbanger's Ball.
It will have the bonus tracks, and maybe some enhanced stuff....