Anthrax or Megadeth

Retaining the same singer for the span of their career makes a huge, huge difference...for that reason I'll have to side with Megadeth. However Mustaine's vocals haven't aged all that well. I love John Bush if he was still the singer in Anthrax it would be a close call...

Anthrax is the worst?! Let's not discredit Anthrax here...

Well, there are of course fifth-tier bands out there that suck more, but they basically invented whiffle and groove thrash simultaneously, all the while killing the entire east coast scene. Among the Living and State of Euphoria are like your average groove metal albums, only with the thick production and tough-guy vocals stripped away in favor of high-pitched whining. Unlistenable band, after Spreading the Disease.

Megadeth of course. But I will disagre with some here about Anthrax:

a) Their best IMO is "State Of Euphoria"
b) The one I like the most is "Spreading The Disease"
c) I believe "Among The Living" is overrated
d) They should quit and split after "Persistence Of Time"

Megadeth. Though I like a healthy dose of Anthrax. Joey Belladonna just sounds so effortlessly incredible on Spreading the Disease especially... and they never put out an album as God-awful as Risk...

and they never put out an album as God-awful as Risk...

"Attack Of The Killer B's" :Smug:.

Anyway I'm completely prejudiced, I have "Stomp 442" and everyday I think why I listened to the people who recommended it to me. IMO everyhting from Bush era is unlistenable and after 442 they become worse and worse. Bury Anthrax and bring Armored Saint back.

Pre-1990, it's Anthrax. The early 90s stuff from both bands is great but for about ten years there wasn't much worth a mention from either. Megadeth came back strong in 2004 with The System Has Failed and Anthrax released an alright album (We've Come For You All) the year before.

Wyvern said:
a) Their best IMO is "State Of Euphoria"
b) The one I like the most is "Spreading The Disease"
You changed your mind while posting? :lol:

You changed your mind while posting? :lol:

Not at all. I meant what I said. The best (production, composition, execution, etc.) is "State Of Euphoria" IMO, but the one I like the most is "Spreading The Disease".

Being objective is difficult most of the times, but if you breath deeply and think you can realize that something can be good even if you don't like it, or something you really like is not good. Maybe a bit philosophical but works for me.