ANTHRAX Part With SANCTUARY RECORDS

LOAroberto

Feb 14, 2002
NJ
www.lifeofagony.com
ANTHRAX Part With SANCTUARY RECORDS, Pursue Other Options July 19, 2002

ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band have ended their brief association with Sanctuary Records before they'd released even a single album through the label. However, the group are currently involved in negotiations with another record company and things are "working out just fine", said Ian.

Although speculation has run rampant that the release date of the band's already-completed new album We've Come For You All will be pushed back to October as a result of this most setback, the guitarist appears confident that the CD will surface in October, as previously planned. A European release through Nuclear Blast Records is expected around the same time.

In other news, ANTHRAX are tentatively scheduled to support MOTÖRHEAD on their European tour from October 13th through November 8th. Exact dates and venues will be announced shortly.

Dutchy, if Anthrax weren't in it for the $$$$$$$$ they'd put the record out themselves and sell it at the shows and over the web. But of course they want money. ANd I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. They are not in it for the spiritual release of being on stage.

Originally posted by Fat Drunk and Stupid
Hey webmaster: Stop spanking your crank to Britney Spears videos and try posting this shit to the official site BEFORE blabbermouth has it.

blabbermouth gets a lot of news before any official sites post it. it also could be that brent didn't know about it. and it says that --SCOTT TOLD THEM--. he's just a webmaster, not a member of the band. back off.

When will the "Anthrax Label Curse" end?
We must be patient.
In Anthrax we trust.:headbang:

fuck... I hope everything is ok. bands need to go on strike. I know they need the labels but thats only because of all the other bands using the labels. I wish it were possible for the bands to do all the work the record company does. They only make a fraction of what the cd's sell. All that writing and recording gets them nothing but shit.
bullshit
poor Anthrax
keep trucking guys.
-Jono-

some guy on the blabbermouth messageboard is saying that BEYOND was going to sell the anthrax catalog to SANCTUARY, but decided not to. from what he was saying, it sounded like BEYOND was out of commission for a while and is now back and in full force.

i dunno if it's true or not, but it's a little settling to my nerves.

*pops some xanax*

Speaking of Blabbermouth.........

There are alot of ASSHOLES on that board over there that spew a bunch of shit every time Anthrax is mentioned. I occasionally put them in their place. If you have nothing better to do.....pop in on that board and help me shoot down some of the fuckin morons that talk outta their asses.........stand up for the MIGHTY ANTHRAX.....I don't mind somebody not liking a particular band, to each their own, but when you talk shit just to hear what an asshole sounds like..........it pisses me off. ....and with a select few bands.....I take it personally..........ANTHRAX is one of those bands!

@TD, well Ican't agree with you.
I agree that it's all about selling albums, but if you don't like being on stage they would have quit years ago.
1st time a saw them in 88 they were playing for 5000 people the last time in 2000 only for 500 people. If they were only in for the $$$ they would have cancelled the whole tour.
End of story!

Cheers

Originally posted by Steve M
blabbermouth gets a lot of news before any official sites post it. it also could be that brent didn't know about it. and it says that --SCOTT TOLD THEM--. he's just a webmaster, not a member of the band. back off.

Hey, dude, keep your panties on. What I am trying to say is that it makes the site seem unprofessional if the "official site" doesn't have the news first. Actually, it still doesn't have it. This is just not up to the high Anthrax standards we expect.