::: Anthrax @ Proxima, Warsaw, Poland on 8/5/2004 :::

So funny... we talked at the Testament gig! You might remember me, or rather my tattooed arms... It's a small world! I know who to look for at the gig.

Originally Posted by timmyc
Ken - what's your problem? I was actually complimenting them about how well they write in English.
My bad. I thought you were being sarcastic. Sorry about that.

That's cool man - I travelled all round Poland last year and know how bloody hard it is with the language constraints!!!

My wife has family in a little village called Bierutow. We went through Warsaw, Krakow, down south to Zakopane, and Czestachowa.

Sorry if I'm spelling any of these places wrong. See - seriously I wasn't having a go at you guys before about the language!!!! Hahaha.

timmyc said:
My wife has family in a little village called Bierutow. We went through Warsaw, Krakow, down south to Zakopane, and Czestachowa.

Sorry if I'm spelling any of these places wrong. See - seriously I wasn't having a go at you guys before about the language!!!! Hahaha.
they dont get the aussie humour timmy,they dont realise how laid back aussies are,not there fault ofcourse!!!

Timmyc, your spelling is right there! And I am aware these words are mouthfuls [as my last name is :)]

My friend's had a chance to visit Australia and she was stunned at how beautiful the country is; she didn't even mind the climate, which I think is hard getting used to.

Did you find Poland very exotic? :) (read=totaly different)

mrthrax said:
they dont get the aussie humour timmy,they dont realise how laid back aussies are,not there fault ofcourse!!!
No, not really. Mrthrax, I kind of snapped about the the language thing as I get that a lot on the web. Yet oftentimes, the people who criticize most can't spell properly in their mother tongue.

You guys are all right.
:D

I absolutely loved Poland, mate - especially Krakow. Beautiful city, and beautiful girls!!!!

Warsaw was very different and obviously still going through changes, but the rest of the country was great. Where are you Ken?

Anthrax I`m coming !!

I`m glad to proudly announce that I have a ticket for this gig and cannot wait to see Anthrax perform in Poland...

Just found out that I`m out of office at 4pm exactly at the time of meet`n`greet beginning. Probably I`m gonna go straight to the venue and catch up Anthrax out there than to go and stand in line and probably not to get to the band instore...
So, look for the ST-maniac outside the venue before the gig.

Tonight is the night. It's 7:35 down here in Poland. I'm leaving around 10 to get to the in-store in time...5 hours...it's a long freaking drive.
Karlie posted a mew message--I'll ask him about the Air France experience... :)
We'll let you all know what's up tomorrow.

Ken Kaniff said:
Karlie posted a mew message--I'll ask him about the Air France experience... :)

I guess we all know about bilateral love between americans and French :yuk:

Charlie`s update contains much more pleasant thing:
Hi Everyone,

I'm sitting in Berlin waiting for our bus. We're going to Poland tonight, we'll play there tomorrow. I'm excited to play, it's been a few years. My friend Danny Gombert will be there too with his friend Tobias. We're going to hit this Huge Market that they have there, Danny has been raving about this place. I hope they have some good Shit, MAYBE SOME NEW LUGGAGE... read on...

Ken, look for a black ST shirt and ST hat!

In 10 minutes instore m&g is about to begin and I`m still at work...but in 10 minutes I`m finishing and going straight to the venue. Of cuz I`mm buy some beers just to get in the righ mood ;) Hope I`ll catch Anthrax out there. Of cuz you can expect some reviews in a couple of hours afterwards. And some killer photos taken by soulflypl who`s gonna rule the photo-pit with his 2 cruthces cuz he broke his leg recently ;)
C ya!

Hi guys,

We've just got back from the show. it's been a loooong way (600+ kms) but no one complained. Now about the gig. It was simply AWESOME!

They started off w/ N.F.L., then came (in no particular order) Got The Time, Indians, Metal Thrashing Mad, Only, Safe Home, Antisocial, Be All End All, Madhouse, Nobody Knows Anything, What Doesn't Die, and some more. My brother, known here as Ken Kaniff, got a band's set list so he's gonna scan it and put it up here.

John Bush was in perfect form. His screams pierced our ears through, and there was nothing to complain about his versions of old songs. Constantly moving, he was doing some L.A. chanting thing ("Can't hear ya!"), but it was nice and didn't seem out of place. I guess some bands kind of shy away from talking from the stage knowing that just a minority of Polish audience speaks some English. However neither John nor Scott did it and they had a brilliant contact with us. (Scott said he had got hit in the head while skateboarding after the previous gig in Poland, and he didn't remember shit about it. He hadn't remembered anything from the past 2 weeks!)

Joe seemed to have a great time waving his hands to the crowd, headbanging like back in the days and looking definitely contented with the audience response, just like a bit static Rob, whose solos were maybe a notch too quiet, but executed so effortlessly and clean that I stood in awe.

I wished Charlie had his drum kit raised up, because the crowd blocked the view completely. Unless you were standing at the back, where the floor is higher, you could only see his head and some cymbals. Too bad :-( Performance-wise he was great. Playing like a maniac, especially while double bass drumming and not missing a beat or cheating like Lars U. on the last tour.

Haven't mentioned a greet-and-meet at the Warsaw Empik store. I guess there were around 50 ppl. We all got one hour to talk to the band (all five members were there), sign posters, covers and shit. So nice of them!

And one more thing - the first gig I didn't have to fight for a guitar pick after the encore or wait for the band to get one. You could simply buy all 6 kinds used by the band along with some stickers signed by Ian, as well as used drum sticks and heads signed by Charlie. What a great idea!

Now I gotta go to bed...
Take care

Nothing to add. Awsome show! They tore it up big time.
Warsaw set list:

1. NFL
2. Got The Time
3. Caught In The Mosh
4. Fueled
5. Safe Home
6. Anti Social
7. Nobody Knows Anything
8. Inside Out
9. What Doesn't Die
10.Indians
11. Metal Thrashing Mad
12. Only
13. Be All, End All
14. Bring The Noise

---end of the setlist---
the crowd went apeshit and they decided to play two more tunes

15. Whiplash (half of the thing)--finally someone played it fast and at the same time didn't fuck the drum part up :)
16. Madhouse

Nothing more to add ;) Maybe something about the sound which was perfect, almost like on CD.
During What Doesnt Die Joey`s bass died and he had to take another one ;)
And soulflypl ruled the foto-pit even though he`s broken leg so we can expect several pictures here, killer as always!

Dude, couldn't spot you at the show. Oh, well, some other time :)
Do let us know as soon as the pix are available on your site!
I'm waiting for Scott's or Charlie's comments. Looks as if they loved the crowd.
:worship: