Anthrax really needs to be selected for this tour!!!

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
IRON MAIDEN, DIO, and MOTÖRHEAD will be teaming up for a two-month North American tour during July-September, reliable sources have informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Although no official word has yet come down on the matter, it is understood that MINISTRY and ANTHRAX are among the acts currently under consideration for the opening/support slots on the bill.

IRON MAIDEN have just completed work on the follow-up to 2000's "Brave New World" and are scheduled to embark on the European leg of their "Give Me Ed… 'Til I'm Dead World Tour" in late May.

More information will be made available soon

Shit... I've been saying this for two weeks. Me and Thra:rofl:ude have been posting all over about it....

Check out the posting "Ways to Anthrax on the Maiden US Tour"

it has contact info at Sanctuary Management to lobby for Thrax

COME ON PEOPLE!!!! LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Dio is alright... BUT ANTHRAX CRUSHES!!!

Here is what I posted:

We all know that after the US tour with Motorhead, the guys are heading back to Europe for summer festivals. And of course Maiden will be playing some of those same festivals. Even though Anthrax is on Sanctuary Records and not under their management umbrella, it might still be feasible to see Anthrax and Maiden tour America in the fall. Maiden probably won't get to America until fall, especially if the album hits mid to late summer.

So lets do what we did with the Ozzfest petition. Here are NYC and London Sanctuary contacts... right below is a contact that handles Maiden's affairs.

Iron Maiden
Dave Pattenden
For general enquiries please contact:
Tel: 0207 602 6351
dave.pattenden@sanctuarygroup.com

Main Office NYC
NEW YORK
Sanctuary Artist Management
369 Lexington Avenue, 6th floor
New York, NY 10017
Tel: +001 212 599 2757
Fax: +001 212 599 2747

Main Office UK
LONDON
Sanctuary Artist Management
Sanctuary House
45-53 Sinclair Rd
London W14 0NS
Tel: +44 (0)20 7602 6351
Fax: +44 (0)20 7603 5941

mrthrax said:
fuck dio i cant stand that cunt but iron maiden motohead and anthrax sound like a good tour,dio couldnt knock the crust off a custard!!!
:confused:

Don't like Dio :confused:

"WHEN YOU LISTEN TO FOOLS THE MOB RULES!!!!!!!"
Yeah, the guys a cheesy cornball Dungeons and Dragons type, but the songs man, the songs.......... he single handedly saved Sabbath not once, but twice (and got f'ed over by Iommi twice mind ya)

:hotjump:

Sanctuary already knows that fans want this tour, since Anthrax has already been rumored as candidate. Let's hope they get it right.

I like Dio, but Anthrax makes better sense... from both an artistic and business standpoint.

Johnny Ace said:
:hotjump:

Sanctuary already knows that fans want this tour, since Anthrax has already been rumored as candidate. Let's hope they get it right.

I like Dio, but Anthrax makes better sense... from both an artistic and business standpoint.

Yeah, who the heck is Dio going to bring to the show that Maiden or Motorhead wouldn't?

jdelpi said:
Yeah, who the heck is Dio going to bring to the show that Maiden or Motorhead wouldn't?

True that, but you can't say that it makes more "business" sense to have Anthrax on the bill over Dio. That is laughable. Dio still headlines ampitheatres and (some) arenas when he tours. Dio is still heard on AOR radio daily and has sold millions more than Anthrax. This isn't a "DIO rah-rah-rah" thread, but Johnny Ace's comment was silly from a "business" standpoint. If I'm a promoter and I'm looking at booking a band that sells 1,000 - 3,000 tix a night (Dio) over a band that's last headlining US tour drew an average of maybe 600(anthrax), which would I choose????????????

Yeah homeboy. Dio co-headlined 20,000 seat amp's with the Scorps last summer. Check the Armored Saint site, when they opened for Dio some of those shows were in pretty bug venues. I'm pretty sure they played the Bronco Bowl and the Palace of Aurburn Hills. Again, I'm no huge Dio fan, I'm just pointing out facts.

Like I said, I'm not knocking Dio, but Anthrax can still sell 1,500 tickets a night alone. Plus, the business standpoint comment was in reference to the fact that its easier to put tour financing together when you have labelmates on the same bill. Plus, Anthrax has new material to support. Dio is coming out with a two disc compilation.

I think a bill that features more than three bands would be overkill (no pun intended). From what I recall, Maiden does a 1-2 hour set. Everyone else would get 30-45 minutes. That's no enough... especially for established acts.

Hopefully, eveyone is still lobbying Sanctuary for Anthrax.

Don't know that I'd care to see him live, but his music is great! Especially back in the Vivian Campbell days!! Damn, what a shame that such a huge talent had to drop off the face of the earth by joining Def Lep.

I'd love to see Anthrax get this slot!!!!

TD said:
Yeah homeboy. Dio co-headlined 20,000 seat amp's with the Scorps last summer. Check the Armored Saint site, when they opened for Dio some of those shows were in pretty bug venues. I'm pretty sure they played the Bronco Bowl and the Palace of Aurburn Hills. Again, I'm no huge Dio fan, I'm just pointing out facts.

Okay, but playing a 20,000 seat venue and selling one out are entirely different matters. Just ask Nikki Sixx.