Anthrax Supports Motorhead In Europe

petri

New Metal Member
Aug 11, 2002
Gothenburg Sweden
Visit site
I found out that Anthrax will support Motorhead In the UK in mid October(18th in London I think), does anyone know about any other european dates?

Any scandinavia/swedish dates maybe?

Really looking forward to see the guys live again!!!
Does anyone know when will the new album will be released in
Europe?

/Petri

petri@spatialtech.se

Wow, I hope sooooo! But still there´s nothing oficially confirmed. I´d like to read something from guys themselves. But, "there´s nothiiiiiiiing..."

Personally, I think it sucks that Anthrax are opening up for a bar band, but what do I know. I did like Lemmy in Hawkwind though. Most metal heads are usually like "Hawkwind, well in da hell is that?, I've heard that 'ace of spades' song, I like Motorhead"

i'd rather see anthrax play a headline show here in london. i don't think i'll be forking out for a ticket just to see the boys play for 50 minutes. shame...

Originally posted by TD
Personally, I think it sucks that Anthrax are opening up for a bar band, but what do I know. I did like Lemmy in Hawkwind though. Most metal heads are usually like "Hawkwind, well in da hell is that?, I've heard that 'ace of spades' song, I like Motorhead"

Hawkwind, well in da hell is that? :lol:

Motorhead has had some great tunes over the years, but I hope they reverse the order for the North American leg of the tour :p

Don't get me wrong, Motorhead are legendary and all, but how in the hell did Anthrax sink to the point of opening for them. Motorhead used to open for Black Sabbath when they had Tony Martin singing. That is like the lowest position on the metal totem pole, and now Anthrax is opening for the band that used to open for Tony Martin Sabbath.. UGH. Yeah, I ain't paying money for this ticket if it does come to the USA. Watching Anthrax open for Motley and then for Ripper Priest was the last time I'm watching them open for somebody.

Who cares who did Motörhead open for. Mikkey Dee is my most favourite drummer and Charlie Benante is my most favourite drummer and I saw both bands twice and I can surely say both bands kick ass live, and speaking of "Ripper Priest", boy I wish there hadn´t been any such things as "Halford Priest" ever.

You wish there were no such thing as "Halford Priest ever" that is truly one of the most screwball things I've ever heard a fan of heavy music say. To each thier own, but if you are truly gonna compare the Ripper Owens era Priest albums to albums like "Sad Wings of Destiny," "Stained Class," "British Steel," and "Defenders of the Faith," I've got but 5 words for you: PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE.

Hello again guys here`s the rest of the UK Dates...

SUNDAY 13 OCTOBER - MANCHESTER APOLLO
TUESDAY 15 OCTOBER - BIRMINGHAM NIA
THURSDAY 17 OCTOBER - NEWPORT CENTRE
SATURDAY 19 OCTOBER - LONDON WEMBLEY ARENA

/Petri

Originally posted by TD
You wish there were no such thing as "Halford Priest ever" that is truly one of the most screwball things I've ever heard a fan of heavy music say. To each thier own, but if you are truly gonna compare the Ripper Owens era Priest albums to albums like "Sad Wings of Destiny," "Stained Class," "British Steel," and "Defenders of the Faith," I've got but 5 words for you: PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE.

Heeeey come on! The classic albums are only "a classic", you know. I feel no need to stick to the old days, why should I. When you compare (from todays point of view) "Breaking The Law" and for instance "Death Row" then you can see the difference mostly in music. Of course Breaking The Law influenced thousands of other bands, but it´s, you know, the past. I really don´t want to dis the ole Rob, but he is the past, he´s gone and when I heard his new album he seems kinda pathetic old man to me. People tend to rip on Judas Priest just because they are not AC/DC and don´t repeat the same Living After Midnight riff over and over again. I would rather listen to Jugulator than to Stained Class, rather to Cross Purposes than to Paranoid, because, guess what... the MUSIC is just better. And, speaking to Judas Priest, I´ve seen the shows that crushed my balls (both with Ripper, maybe I´m too young to have seen Rob with my own eyes), they sure are still growing musically and the young fat boy is far better singer than the old bald-headed fruitcake. That´s why I hope there never would be any reunion (and it´s the same with Anthrax, you know). Stay cool man, my crack pipe works fine, thank you. :)