Anthrax To Open For Motorhead In Us Confirmed

Sludgehead said:
If you go by Billboard rankings, AC/DC was in their prime between 1977 and 1981, and Motorhead was 1982 to 1991... so AC/DC was before your time too. Do yourself a favor and stay for Motorhead. Bands don't become legends because they suck. I'm sure if Anthrax posted in this thread they would tell you Motorhead was an influence on their music. I doubt AC/DC was.

If you're trying to say AC/DC weren't an influence on Anthrax, you are on crack.

TD said:
If you're trying to say AC/DC weren't an influence on Anthrax, you are on crack.

That's what I'm saying, and no I'm not on crack. AC/DC isn't even metal, just hard rock imho. Motorhead, on the other hand, gave a lot of thrash bands something to build on. Aside from having a capital "A" in their name, I don't see any relation between Anthrax and AC/DC.

Sludgehead said:
That's what I'm saying, and no I'm not on crack. AC/DC isn't even metal, just hard rock imho. Motorhead, on the other hand, gave a lot of thrash bands something to build on. Aside from having a capital "A" in their name, I don't see any relation between Anthrax and AC/DC.
Ok, so Scott, Charlie, Frank and Paul Crook appearing on the AC/DC tribute with Dee Snider (playing "Walk All Over You" ) doesn't mean AC/DC influenced Anthrax?
How about Charlie posting on anthrax.com how awesome AC/DC was when he saw them live?
How about Anthrax covering "Big Balls" live back in the 80s?
How about Anthrax covering "Whole Lotta Rosie" in Australia in 1990?
How about Charlie talking about how much he loves Phil Rudd?

If that is not influence, then I don't know what is.

TD said:
Thank You Justin!
SludgeHead - you are on CRACK.

Oh yeah - listen to the song "Piss and Vinegar" if that isn't AC/DC sounding I don't know what is.

Safe Home might be even better example (the opening riff I mean). I red some interview with Scott in a guitar magazine, years ago. He said he had been deeply influenced by the Young brothers.

jdelpi said:
Ok, so Scott, Charlie, Frank and Paul Crook appearing on the AC/DC tribute with Dee Snider (playing "Walk All Over You" ) doesn't mean AC/DC influenced Anthrax?
How about Charlie posting on anthrax.com how awesome AC/DC was when he saw them live?
How about Anthrax covering "Big Balls" live back in the 80s?
How about Anthrax covering "Whole Lotta Rosie" in Australia in 1990?
How about Charlie talking about how much he loves Phil Rudd?

If that is not influence, then I don't know what is.

Okay you win. Feel better now? You should. You're the winner!

Sludgehead said:
You guys and girls must be either 12 or retarded (or both) if you can't understand why Anthrax would play before Motorhead. Christ I've listened to Anthrax since 1984 but we're talking about MOTORHEAD. You'd be hard pressed to find any metal band that doesn't pay homage to them. They were making ears bleed in 1976 when Anthrax, Metallica, Slayer, etc. were still riding bikes with training wheels and thought girls were icky. I saw them in 2000 and they still tear it up. Not many bands are still rocking after twenty-seven years. WAAAY better tour than AC/DC-Anthrax imho.

I have no problem with Anthrax opening for Motorhead. In terms of popularity, there's no question Motorhead is the bigger draw.

Actually, I'm way excited! This will be an excellent bill! :headbang:

bring on Motorhead and anthrax with openers to arizona and you won't see me complain :headbang: :Smokin:

I would love to see ac/dc with anthrax whenever ac/dc puts out a new cd.

I would love to see anthrax headline bringing out shadows fall or anyother killer new acts.

I just want to see Anthrax ripping it up and hopefully putting out a live cd :headbang: :headbang: :worship: :yow:

just to pour more water on the fire scott has said many times that he pretty much took in the rythm that malcom young did over the fancy playing of angus.

I have a hard time believing that AC/DC's prime was between 77 & 81. I know "Back in Black" was after 81 and I'm almost positive that was the height of their popularity. I'm 27 and I remember AC/DC being extremely popular all through my school years but I don't remember anything about Motorhead. I'm not trying to diss Motorhead or anything but I'm just saying they never were nearly as popular as AC/DC.

I'm 25 and I never remember Motorhead being popular. Not dissing them or anything. I live in DC and I can't ever recall a time when AC/DC wasn't in every single popular rock, hardrock/metal, or classic rock radio station's play list. "Come on Come on"

KY_Fried442 said:
I have a hard time believing that AC/DC's prime was between 77 & 81. I know "Back in Black" was after 81 and I'm almost positive that was the height of their popularity. I'm 27 and I remember AC/DC being extremely popular all through my school years but I don't remember anything about Motorhead. I'm not trying to diss Motorhead or anything but I'm just saying they never were nearly as popular as AC/DC.

Back in Black was released in 1980.