Anthrax To Open For Motorhead In Us Confirmed

True, Motorhead never was and never will be as popular as AC/DC. Opening for either act will draw an older audience, but AC/DC will draw way more people. On the flip side, Anthrax might get a slightly longer set out of playing with Motorhead.

Having seen both AC/DC and Motorhead live on multiple occasions, I say that AC/DC's live show blows Motorhead's away easily, but I'd love to see either in a double-bill with Anthrax. While AC/DC's peak may well have been prior to '81 (and yes, Justin was right BiB was 1980), they still enjoyed enourmous success with Who Made Who in '86 and The Razor's Edge in '90, and while still not matching that success in 2000 with Stiff Upper Lip, they still sold out stadiums around the world. Rumor has it they do have a new disc coming out this year, and if so, a tour will obviously happen. So it's not out of the realm of reality that Anthrax and AC/DC could tour together at some point in the near future.

Oops, guess I was way off on that one. 1980 just doesn't seem right to me but it obviously is. Still I'm sure AC/DC was more popular then Motorhead even during Motorheads prime. I'm not complaing though, I just want to see a fucking Anthrax show.

I would take Motorhead over AC/DC any day. AC/DC are washed up in my opinion, but Motorhead is still making great music. Lemmy IS metal and metal is Lemmy. I have only seen Anthrax 1.5 times and Motorhead one time. I am so excited to hear they are touring the US with Motorhead.

I just got my Anthrax digipak today and I am listening to it for the first time. It is ok so far, but I really think it will grow on me. Much slower than any other Anthrax CD I have heard before. More texture and variety though. Those kind of CDs take a while to grow on me, but they stick with me for a longer time.

I am sick of the ac/dc vs motorhead argument. I think both are classic bands and anthrax would have it lucky playing with both.

the point is that anthrax has to have this cd heard first and foremost or they won't be doing anymore touring than they have in the recent past.

Hopefully, all of their labels help them out in that department.

You will have plenty of times to see them headline hopefully if this all works out but it won't do them anygood to play in front of the same medium crowd in each town. They have to get out in the public and show that they not only still exist but that they are still putting out great music.

KY_Fried442 said:
I have a hard time believing that AC/DC's prime was between 77 & 81. I know "Back in Black" was after 81 and I'm almost positive that was the height of their popularity. I'm 27 and I remember AC/DC being extremely popular all through my school years but I don't remember anything about Motorhead. I'm not trying to diss Motorhead or anything but I'm just saying they never were nearly as popular as AC/DC.

I based my statements on Billboard Album charts and was surprised as well. However upon further investigation I believe the billboard website only displays a maximum of five albums unless you pay for "premium" service. So it would appear 1980/1981 were good times for ACDC. I would guess "Flick of the Switch" was about when things started slowing down but have no way of verifying this claim. Certainly they had hits after 1981 though, and Motorhead only had five albums break into the top 200 albums. (ACDC had more but I don't know how many)

FYI you probably didn't hear about a lot of bands in school. Most of my favorites never saw any radio play or MTV. (When I was in school there wasn't 100 different music channels, just MTV and VH1... and MTV was actually music television back then... and we walked 10 miles in crack deep snow both ways... and we didn't have no new fangled interweb... and.... =P)

Ac/dc were my first favorite band and along with motorhead and manowar are the loudest bands live.

I think that seeing anthrax on any big tour would be awesome.

I see an April 27 Motorhead arizona date on the celebrity theater's website. Please tell me motorhead aren't doing any motorhead only dates prior to hooking up with anthrax??!!!