Anthrax/WWE Intro?

Catharsis70

Apr 28, 2005
My son told me that Anthrax did the old them to RAW/WarZone? Is this right? If not did they just do a sone on one of the various WWE/F CD's? Any links to a download?
Thanks in Advance

ThraxEm said:
My son told me that Anthrax did the old them to RAW/WarZone? Is this right? If not did they just do a sone on one of the various WWE/F CD's? Any links to a download?
Thanks in Advance

Yep I have seen this MP3 as well. Not sure if it was them though.

Yes they did participate in that at one point, a collaboration with anthrax and a couple of other artists,,,just dont remeber who.

They may have recorded a theme song for Raw, but it was never used for the beginning of the show to my recollection.

Are we talking about those couple of songs Scott played Guitar on? "Thorn In My Eye" (he played with some guy from Savatage and Tima Mallare on drums (Overkill, MOD, etc.). I think Razor Ramon sings on one... and the other is a collaboration with some German rap/metal band. Or something like that.

Very Bad. I got the CD bargain bin and I still regerted it.

Yeah I had arguments about this topic before. It all stems from things being incorrectly labeled on napster,limewire, etc.

Buddy_Love_Bomb said:
Yes it was used, for a long time, right at the begining of the show.
Do you have a link to it? I've been a wrestling fan my whole life, but I don't remember it. Then again, I don't remember what I had for breakfast.

The old theme is called "Thorn in Your Eye." I think it's just Scott & Charile playing on it but I could be wrong. I know there's somebody else singing/rapping on it but you can definitely recognize Scott's voice in a few parts. I remember reading where Scott worked on a few tunes for the WWE back in the early 90's but I have no idea what they were other then the old RAW theme.

I sincerely hope Anthrax didnt do any shitty song for the WWE. Whatever happened to artistic integrity and mystique? For fuck sake, Zeppelin never even released singles in the UK.
Don't tell me real bands are releasing WWE soundtrack songs. Please. Don't tell me that.

If this is true, it's the kind of shite that makes me embarassed to be a fan of a band.
Like Def Leppard's "X" album, playing on a WWE album just makes me want to hide under the bed and deny any allegiance to the band involved.
Where's the Soulseek button for future albums?

Stormwatch said:
I sincerely hope Anthrax didnt do any shitty song for the WWE. Whatever happened to artistic integrity and mystique? For fuck sake, Zeppelin never even released singles in the UK.
Don't tell me real bands are releasing WWE soundtrack songs. Please. Don't tell me that.

If Motorhead did it, it's OK.

KY_Fried442 said:
The old theme is called "Thorn in Your Eye." I think it's just Scott & Charile playing on it but I could be wrong. I know there's somebody else singing/rapping on it but you can definitely recognize Scott's voice in a few parts. I remember reading where Scott worked on a few tunes for the WWE back in the early 90's but I have no idea what they were other then the old RAW theme.

It has Scott, but not Charlie. It has members [or ex-member(s)] of Type O-Negative, Overkill and Savatage I think. The vocals are from Such a Surge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Full_Metal

Stormwatch said:
If this is true, it's the kind of shite that makes me embarassed to be a fan of a band.
Like Def Leppard's "X" album, playing on a WWE album just makes me want to hide under the bed and deny any allegiance to the band involved.
Where's the Soulseek button for future albums?

Relax, it was just a theme song for the show open. You're acting like they wrote a song exclusively for Koko B. Ware.

LouieFatterson said:
Relax, it was just a theme song for the show open. You're acting like they wrote a song exclusively for Koko B. Ware.
Koko B. Ware!:lol: I'm the Biiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrdddddmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn!!!

Real bands do stuff with WWE all the time. There's a bunch albums that have real bands doing wrestler theme songs. Shadows fall is on the new one. Motorhead has done a theme song for Triple H's like 4 fuckin times.