Anthrax!!!!!!

Icarus

Shamone
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane Australia
Visit site
Well saw em last night. They were fucking awesome!!!

Joey was spot on and the rest of the band were tops. Brilliant setlist mostly from spreading/among. Pretty much like the setlists they have been playing of late. Not anything against john bush but damn they were so much better this time around than they were last time (and last time they were great).

All in all :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Great show, Joey Belladonna is such a great frontman.

Mortal Sin were also awesome, that "Into the Fire" song is unreal.

The only thing that had me a little confused was the rap battle thing or whatever. I'm not sure if it was a rap battle, but that's how it came across.

Highlight was Antisocial for sure.

You have to be kidding, the Adelaide gig had the worst sound I have ever encountered at a gig, even worse than last year's Soilwork/Anthrax gig. And that is even after Joey got a working mic.

ceydn said:
Great show, Joey Belladonna is such a great frontman.

Mortal Sin were also awesome, that "Into the Fire" song is unreal.

The only thing that had me a little confused was the rap battle thing or whatever. I'm not sure if it was a rap battle, but that's how it came across.

Highlight was Antisocial for sure.

Perhaps it depended on where you stood. For the Adelaide show I stood at my place in Melbourne, so couldn't hear it at all.

A few yards back and in the centre at The Haunted a couple of years ago was great sound-wise, but people further back said it wasn't so good.

I was right up the front in the middle for Anthrax, and it was very bass heavy. However, Mortal Sin completely NAILED their sound, and you could hear everything perfectly.

Even though the sound wasn't great, the performance was. Apart from that I'm the Man thing, which was pathetically gay.

But I'll admit, your bad joke Winmar was worth at least 8/10.

I don't like rap.

Unless it's "Crossroads" by Bone Thugs N Harmony.

Anthrax fans probably lapped it up, but to me it just killed the mood.

Fairy nuff. Anthrax are pretty into rap though. They did that thing with Public Enemy where Scott was doing his migadymigadymac thing.

oh, and the main rapper in Public Enemy has a really good tone about his 'rapping' it's actually enjoyable to listen to.

"Bass. How low can you go?"

That's an alright song, better than the stupid I'm the Man song.