Anthrax's manager is a master at resurrecting bands careers....(seriously, read on)

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
I smell a come back. Sure, they won't be back to the 88-93 "arena" years, but I think Anthrax may get out of the doldrums. I did not realize Larry Mazer was Anthrax's manager. Larry orchestrated KISS' mini comeback in the late 1980's - 1990. I say "mini" because it pales in scope to the "big" comeback in 1996. Anyway, although KISS had a string of platinum albums in the 1980's, concert attendance was way down, and the band hadn't had a top 40 hit single in a decade. Larry Mazer stepped in, and the band had their biggest hit single of their career "Forever" a sold out tour for the first time since 1979 (1990 summer Hot In The Shade tour). Larry suggested Paul write a song w/ Micheal Bolton. Paul was hesitant, but did. Voila, top ten hit: "Forever" Larry suggested taking up and coming bands Winger, Slaughter, and Little Caesar on the road. Gene and Paul weren't too keen on any of them. He also talked them into putting on a two hour show w/ no solos and lots of classics "I Was Made.." "God of Thunder." Boom - SRO crowds night in and night out. Larry then talked them into getting Bob Ezrin to produce their next album. Whaddya know: They made arguably the best album of their non-makeup career:Revenge. Larry and the band split in 1993, but from 88 - 93 he really helped a sinking ship.

I hope Larry leads Anthrax the way he did KISS.

sounds positive td,lets hope he makes a difference,i think that they just need a good helping hand with someone who knows what the fuck is going on,anthrax dont need a miracle they just need a helping hand.

and yes revenge is the only kiss album i have a fuck it rules,o i forgot i bought carnival of souls for 5 bucks,never really gave it a chance though.

domino,unholy ahhhhhhhh great rock n roll as well as the rest of the album

Managers sometimes do things that make the common man go "well duh!?" but the thing is, bands don't think of these little subtle ideas themselves 'cause they've got to music to create. Larry came up with other little ideas that on the surface sound like no brainers, but wound up making KISS a lot of money.

Well, everyone that I have played the new album likes it. I'd say its more like "play 'Black Dahlia' for this person!" and then the reaction is the greatest once they've heard it. Their chins are hanging on the ground after it, lol.:headbang:

jdelpi said:
Ok, but no song writing with Michael Bolton!
Of course not, but you see my point. Some one is saying "hey Paul, write a song w/ Micheal Bolton, you know him thru Bruce (Kulick, used to play for Micheal in a band called BlackJack)" Paul Stanley is thinking "KISS and Micheal Bolton, f* that" Paul gives in to the idea, and it spawns a huge hit.

I normally I am a bit of a elitists but I think the rock n roll industry needs a band like Anthrax to hit it big to keep music honest. As much as I love seeing them in clubs up close and personal. It would be better for all if they did a few arena shows.

TD said:
Of course not, but you see my point. Some one is saying "hey Paul, write a song w/ Micheal Bolton, you know him thru Bruce (Kulick, used to play for Micheal in a band called BlackJack)" Paul Stanley is thinking "KISS and Micheal Bolton, f* that" Paul gives in to the idea, and it spawns a huge hit.

I know you weren't suggesting it. I just thought it was funny.

What can Anthrax do? Aside from playing "Lone Justice" live, of course.

Steve M said:
i hope this doesn't mean a shit load of joey-era tunes on tour.

And why not? The so called "Joey era" is a huge part of the band's history and also represents their best known material.

I like John Bush, but I have no desire to run down the music before him. Besides, it's a slight to the rest of the band to even call it the "Joey era." Joey was the singer, but didn't write the material and certainly wasn't 100% of the success formula.

And why not? The so called "Joey era" is a huge part of the band's history and also represents their best known material.

because the band now has 4 albums worth of material to play with the singer they currently have. he's been the vocalist for like 10 years now. c'mon, slice me a break here. don't get me wrong, i'm all for bush doing joey-era songs (especially "lone justice")... he fucking owns them. they are his now. but seriously, i'd rather hear some newer things than say 12 joey tunes and only 4 bush.

look at all those fucking cock rock bands running around playing the same shit summer after summer after summer. i don't want anthrax to turn into one of those bands. fuck that.

I like John Bush, but I have no desire to run down the music before him. Besides, it's a slight to the rest of the band to even call it the "Joey era." Joey was the singer, but didn't write the material and certainly wasn't 100% of the success formula.

i'm not running it down. i'm saying i would rather hear more BUSH-era, less JOEY... and who was the singer/frontman/most prominent figure on stage when joey was the singer? joey. thus, the joey-era.