Buy WM at your local record store, see Anthrax's soundcheck

jamesr7790

Sep 2, 2011
Houston, TX
So here in Houston, TX there's a local independent record store called Cactus Music. They have a deal going on that if you purchase WM (on either CD or LP), you can be put on a list to see Anthrax's soundcheck as well as get a chance to meet the band/get autographs, when they come to town to play on Oct. 30th. Is this going on anywhere else for anyone? This seems like a pretty cool promotion, much better than paying $150 for the VIP Testament meet-and-greet tickets that they've been selling for the upcoming tour. I saw that and laughed.

Anyway, I'm going to try and take advantage of this even though I already own 3 different versions of the record. I don't have the US release of the LP on the orange/black swirl color so I guess I'll get that.

Cool story, I actually saw Anthrax's soundcheck last year when I saw them on the American Carnage tour w/ Slayer and Megadeth. I got to the venue super early to see if I could possibly meet some of the bands, and as I was walking around the building I noticed a door on the side that was cracked open and I could hear a band playing. So very stealthy, I just walked right up in there and saw 2 songs of Anthrax's soundcheck. It was pretty sweet, they played NFL and Fight 'Em Til You Can't, neither of which were played during their regular set. I had a ticket to the show but I ended up not even using it cuz I just hung around inside til the show started. Good times!