antichrist - the film out now

rebirth

spacestation '76film
Apr 11, 2004
hell
Anyone seen this yet???, its getting a lot of write ups with the actors saying they are fuckups doing the film!!!

I havent seen it but was wondering???

Truly awful. Pretty much a prime example of film making made by arrogant, pseudo-intellectual wankshafts.

I'm on the complete opposite side. I think its Von Triers only worthwhile movie of this decade because it isn't arrogant psuedo-intellectual wankery... let the manderlay and dogville fans ATTACK.

NEW FILM DEREK.... - And did Those Feet explores the theory that Jesus accompanied Joseph of Arimathea on a visit to the area around the southern English town of Glastonbury, which the film's makers say was a seat of learning in the ancient world, and went also to tibet.

WELL??

I'm on the complete opposite side. I think its Von Triers only worthwhile movie of this decade because it isn't arrogant psuedo-intellectual wankery... let the manderlay and dogville fans ATTACK.

Well, Von Trier is nothing if not divisive. I sincerely didn't like it, though.

NEW FILM DEREK.... - And did Those Feet explores the theory that Jesus accompanied Joseph of Arimathea on a visit to the area around the southern English town of Glastonbury, which the film's makers say was a seat of learning in the ancient world, and went also to tibet.

WELL??

Well what? I recall reading about Jesus visiting England, but I'm not especially interested in Jesus. I'd say it's possible.

Is it worth pirating simply to mock, or should it be avoided entirely? The name kinda triggers my brain's boredom lobe.

Best making up your own mind. It's interesting. I just didn't like it. I don't like Von Trier.

And did those feet in ancient time,
Walk upon Englands mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold:
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In Englands green & pleasant Land.

It's so dubious even Blake isn't sure. :)

Haven't been able to see it for myself yet, but it looks to be like one of the most important movies I've ever seen. Lots of symbolism there, could reveal reality if one tried to look.

The distinct mention of the forest here and throughout our world when describing an environment that sustains humanity boggles me. Explain the context of the description and why it has to be used repeatedly.

EDIT:

Last edited by a moderator:
We are roots, derek. If you die, I'm the one sustaining OUR tree. OUR child. If someone were to come here and witness, they would eat the fruits of our tree. Those seeds land on new soil, or rock if the meanings are lost. Perhaps buzzards will come and snatch those seeds from the mouths of those people. In any case, whether you kill our baby or not, a tree is a tree.

Most people don't get that killing trees is something they do in their everyday lives. And we wonder why we die.