Question for Warrel about using Nevermore shirt in Independant Film

MonsterTrio

New Metal Member
Sep 5, 2006
the title says it all.

i have made a film, a psychological thriller called "Fall From Grace", which is actually inspired by metal in a way... there are a lot of metal references in the diolauge.. but specifically, there is a character named Jeff, who is briefly seen in the movie, and he wears a Nevermore "Enemies of Reality" long sleeve shirt.

now, if i was to distribute the film, sell the film, and have a public screening of the film....

would i get in trouble?

would there be any way that i could be allowed to do this?

am i going to have to blur out or blacken out the Nevermore logo AND the words "Enemies of Reality" on the sleeve of the shirt, in each frame of the video??? that would be a pain in the ass.

but yeah..

i love you guys. :worship:

MajestikMøøse said:
I don't really see what would be wrong with it. You're giving them free advertising.

But you still need permission. Have you ever noticed on some T.V. shows, any shirt with a logo on it most of the time is blurred out? That's because either they didn't feel like asking or the company didn't want to be advertised/didn't want a part of that specific show.

what about in music videos...???? a lot of times the guys are wearing concert shirts from other bands and I can't imagine that MTV has to get permission every time....I think the "blurred-out" one's are usually if there is profanity or something considered objectionable

It's usually big name brands, nike, coke, etc.

I thought the difference there might be that it's big brands that they would otherwise be giving free advertising too, without getting big bucks from the companies in return. gasp.

buzz21 said:
what about in music videos...???? a lot of times the guys are wearing concert shirts from other bands and I can't imagine that MTV has to get permission every time....I think the "blurred-out" one's are usually if there is profanity or something considered objectionable
It's not the band stuff that's usually blurred out, although I did see some blurred out Ts before. It's mostly the equipment, like Tama, Marshall or Fender, something like that. The equipment companies do have T shirts that some musicians wear, so that is probably what gets blurred out.

I think it was a good idea to ask. As everyone already said, the Nevermore guys could probably care less but who knows with Century Media.

Nightshade said:
I can't believe everyone is overlooking the obvious. If WD doesn't answer, just call the WWF and ask how they pulled it off...

oh my dear you grow lovlier every day...good answer... and yeah we totally endorse you having our t-shirt in your movie.....our record company on the other hand...ya just never know

usually when its blurred out its because one large sponsor objects to having something from another label in it too. exclusivity, or something. although, if you go big time, they'd probably want royalties