Antimatter - Saviour

Sopel

the crestfallen
Jan 4, 2002
southern Poland
sopel.webd.pl
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is not music... these are just emotions trapped in the form of sounds. "Saviour" is a brimful of indescribable atmospheres and climates. That's just what this albums main triumph is - it can't be listened to "in the background", you have to draw your attention to it much more... to know it and enable it to entirely charm you.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The extremely beaufiful voices of both Michelle Richfield (she once did vocal work for Anathema - now she's in Sear) and Hayley Windsor (DrugFree America) add much charm to "Saviour". Their voices harmonize with the music perfectly, they help us to fly away to land of feelings and contemplation. The album is a kind of retreat, a way of escape from this grey haunting reality. It's a different state of our consciousness, which you can feel only if you cross a certain limitation - if you jump over that wall of reality which doesnt allow your mind to take off. [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If we talk about music, electronic sounds alternate with gentle and soothing guitar melodies. Songs on this album are quite various (obviously within their styles), from "Saviour", through the very dark "Holocaust", the surprising "God Is Coming", to "Going Nowhere", which you can find many influences in (like Anathema's "Destiny" or "Eternity Part II", incidentally both tracks were written by Duncan). [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If I were to describe this album to Anathema fans, I would tell them to focus on Duncan's songs from "Alternative 4" - it's the same climate, but you can find more mature tunes as well as female vocals here. I've never thought that I would be able to like an album, which one can say is electronic. Thanks to "Saviour" we have the occasion to become convinced that electronics (used propely) are really able to heighten sensations and impressions.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eventually, personally I think "Saviour" is a masterpiece, which undoubtedly is worth buying.[/font]

more reviews at
www.antimatter.tk