Antimatter uses a drum machine?

The rhythms for Saviour were from loads of different sources, but none from a 'drum machine'. Oh hang on , I think one noise from 'The Last Laugh' was actually taken from a drum machine.

But all sequences are original, and a drummer couldnt really have emulated such a really unnatural sound eh.

I enjoyed to study God is coming on my drumkit!
Ok acoustic drums don't sound the same but if I had a electronic one I'll be happy with closer sound than what's on the album...

Anyway, no durmmer planned fo rthe next album?

Burn

Originally posted by Mick Moss
The rhythms for Saviour were from loads of different sources, but none from a 'drum machine'. Oh hang on , I think one noise from 'The Last Laugh' was actually taken from a drum machine.

But all sequences are original, and a drummer couldnt really have emulated such a really unnatural sound eh.

Well yeah, I kinda guessed they were maybe done with sampler and a sequencer, but neverthless it wasn't a real drummer like Fervisson there asked...

so I guess you used a mac or something for sequencing? 'cause I'm looking for a cheap standalone-seq, but I guess you can't give me any recommendations..

And what if Antimatter does a "normal" (read no acoustic) gig?
Who will be drumming, doing keyboads, el. guitar?

They could use the combination of sequences and a real drummer. If done right, it's really effective. Another possibility for rhytm-tracks could be playing them from *shudder ;)* dat or md.. seriously.

and for other stuff (keys etc) well.. I guess they need more people on stage? Unless Dunc likes to play the bass and at the same time trigger some chords from keyb. :D

Yep, but what comes to the fact where the rhytm-track comes from could be various sources, like already mentioned live drummer + seq, or tape or whatever...

Saw Massive Attack a few years back :OMG: and they used a live drummer plus samples and stuff like that. Very, VERY good show.

Theres no rules! And whats a 'trip-hop' band? you get shot in Bristol for using that phrase hehehe.
We used an old, borrowed Atari ST and cubase for the sequencing on Saviour. The sounds came from different sources. Some samples, some from modules. There would have been some live drums on the album if we had more studio time but we were rushed as it was. We're booked in the studio for January for 'Lights Out' and will have plenty of time to experiment this time.

Originally posted by Morpheus
and blow our heads away, pleaaaaase :)

aliastraslo.gif

I don't want to lose mine :cry: :eek:

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
Yep, but what comes to the fact where the rhytm-track comes from could be various sources, like already mentioned live drummer + seq, or tape or whatever...

Saw Massive Attack a few years back :OMG: and they used a live drummer plus samples and stuff like that. Very, VERY good show.

thats true... some trip-hop, drum 'n' bass bands prefer to use a real drummer at gigs, and some dont. i know jay jay johanson and portishead does. and i have seen a few videos where depeche mode does NOT use a real drummer.

i was just thinking and asking myself whose gayness i actually enjoyed. here are some i came up with:

big gay al
elton john
iron maiden (when they wear those tight red pants)
marilyn manson (sort of)
jay jay johanson
whitesnake and many other glam rock bands