Antimatter

DiscipleOfPlato

The Observer
Jul 29, 2003
Miami, FL.
Okay, I just came home from the mall and decided to pop in this album I purchased to take a chance on a new band I hadn't heard anything from. The band is Antimatter, and the album is "Lights Out." Has anybody else heard this? I just finished listening to the entire album straight through and I am floored! It's been a while since I've heard something so refreshingly original...it's not really heavy at all, and it has a very dark, ambient feel to it, kind-of like, for lack of a better description, Pink Floyd meets Tool. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else has had the pleasure of hearing it, and if so, what did you think? Quite frankly, maybe it's just me, but this is amazing!

I like their first album, Saviour, quite a bit.. Some beatiful music there... But I can't get into Lights Out! It's really, really, really boring...
I will give it another chance, maybe it will grow on me...

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check out "Saviour." I've never seen it in a record store but perhaps I can order it or something. I guess I can see why you would think "Lights Out" is boring, it's definitely not for everyone, but I think if you give it a chance it'll surely grow on you. Then again, I could be wrong. It seems I'm a lot more impressionable than others when it comes to music...

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check out "Saviour." I've never seen it in a record store but perhaps I can order it or something. I guess I can see why you would think "Lights Out" is boring, it's definitely not for everyone, but I think if you give it a chance it'll surely grow on you. Then again, I could be wrong. It seems I'm a lot more impressionable than others when it comes to music...

Antimatter is signed to theend records, so you more than likely will be able to get Saviour from their webpage, at a discounted price no less.

www.theendrecords.com