Anubis Gate - wow...facepalm

Random Axe

Common Sense Man!
Sep 27, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
Visit site
Up until this very evening I had never heard them. I always figured they were a generic power metal band based on the name alone. I was very, very wrong.

This is quite proggy, riffy and classy. I've sampled enough tunes on youtube to know I want to grab these. I saw some ridiculous pricing on Amazon, is that accurate? That's some kind of pricey. Anyone here got these up for sale or trade. I'm sold on this band. Its cool discovering a band with a good sized back catalog at the same time they have a new release coming.

They are on a short short list of bands I want to see at progpower. And they're at the very top of it. I was completely hooked at Andromeda Unchained. Snowbound is a killer track.

I got into the when Lance was relentlessly hawking at the fest a couple years ago. The new singer is perfect for the music.

Up until this very evening I had never heard them. I always figured they were a generic power metal band based on the name alone. I was very, very wrong.

This is quite proggy, riffy and classy. I've sampled enough tunes on youtube to know I want to grab these. I saw some ridiculous pricing on Amazon, is that accurate? That's some kind of pricey. Anyone here got these up for sale or trade. I'm sold on this band. Its cool discovering a band with a good sized back catalog at the same time they have a new release coming.

At the very least get the self-titled album. The ones before that did nothing for me, but the s/t ruled.

Is it strange their label doesn't have mp3 purchases available on Amazon? I'm not familiar with Locomotive, but that seems like nothing but free money to offer downloads since the albums are very OOP. Kind of a bizarre decision...

I don't like the debut very much, honestly. But it's basically because of the vocals. The self-titled is a completely different beast. The one prior to that, The Detached, is also very good imo. And since Kim says the rest'll be on Amazon soon...I'll find out about them soon.

I don't like the debut very much, honestly. But it's basically because of the vocals. The self-titled is a completely different beast. The one prior to that, The Detached, is also very good imo. And since Kim says the rest'll be on Amazon soon...I'll find out about them soon.

I loved the vocals on the 1st one (the singer reminded me of the House of Spirits dude if I remember well) , and I was not too crazy about the high-pitched vox of the follow-ups...

So, will Lance and Nightmare have the opportunity to re-release the previous discs at some point? The back catalog seems to have a pretty large demand, me included.

They will be back up on iTunes and Amazon mp3 in a couple of weeks. After the release of Horizons there will be a fundraiser for a bundle of cds that includes the first 4 albums and a cd of unreleased and rare tracks.

So, I finally got ahold of the self-titled and am floored. Great stuff, really slick. I also love Purification even though I normally wouldn't have liked this. Torben's vocals are very unique and historically would turn me off yet the music, vibe, atmosphere and arrangements make this album the real deal. And, as it turns out, I love the vocals on this. Maybe I'm becoming less of a vocal snob? So, the only two albums that are affordable are now in my possession. I look forward to the fund faiser to get the rest of the catalog re-pressed. Total badass band I'm kicking myself for not discovering before.

I have to chime in here.....big fan of Anubis Gate. For beginners, you have to check out Andromeda Unchained. Probably still my favorite by them, with the self titled and The Detached close behind. Purification never did much for me. A Perfect Forever was a big step forward but is worth buying for the artwork alone.