ANUBIS GATE....wow!!

Pelata

FINAL SIGN
Mar 6, 2006
North Carolina
www.facebook.com
l_541a64384470e16b3a1482936488b821.jpg

I picked up Andromeda Unchained from ANUBIS GATE over the weekend...wow! Very cool!!! Sort of in the vein of AVIAN & PRAMAZE...smooth, strong vocals...great musicianship...great melodies...

http://www.myspace.com/anubisgate

:OMG: :kickass:

The lead singer for this album is polished, does a really good job.

The lead singer on the first two albums has a rather unique take on the english language, and the sound of the album is different as well. But you should pick up the first two regardless of how much you like this one.

Love me some Anubis Gate. I was actually sharing a few bands with my Girlfriend last night, and that was one of the albums I had in my stack to let her listen to. She seemed pretty positive about it.

Based on my spins of Andromeda Unchained, I do agree with you 100% about the great musicianship and talent these guys bring to the table. Great, powerful band. Haven't listened to the other albums yet.

all 3 Anubis Gate releases are amazing. I see nothing but great things in the near future for this band!!

Anubis Gate for Some Festival in the Near Future!!!

While I don't consider this "prog" by any means, it IS my first or second album of 2007 (I haven't decided which yet). I really did hope they would be on PPIX, but oh well.

As far as the other two AG albums, the first one is pretty good and the second is quite excellent. I'd recommend both. However, I think Andromeda Unchained is quite a step up for these guys.

Everyone is mentioning Jacob Hansen for his production skills (of which is is most deserving of praise) and his involvement in beyond twilight. However, nobody has mentioned that he is also a founding member of the danish thrash band, INVOCATOR!

If you like thrash, check out Invocator. I wish they would get a new album out, but their most recent "Through the Flesh to the Soul" is quite delicious. Recommended to anyone who likes thrash!

Justin

Everyone is mentioning Jacob Hansen for his production skills (of which is is most deserving of praise) and his involvement in beyond twilight. However, nobody has mentioned that he is also a founding member of the danish thrash band, INVOCATOR!

If you like thrash, check out Invocator. I wish they would get a new album out, but their most recent "Through the Flesh to the Soul" is quite delicious. Recommended to anyone who likes thrash!

Justin

I like Thrash...I'm on it! :headbang:

What was their former singer like?

the former singer's vocals were on a lower-octave than Jacob Hansen. Reminds me a little of Blaze Bayley at times, but slightly higher. I'm not sure why they parted ways with him. Nothing against Jacob Hansen as a vocalist, he has a great voice, but I do like the original singer a little better, but I think the music has gotten better with each album. Jacob Hansen is a great vocalist though and definitly brings something great to the Anubis Gate table!

I'll be spinning this one for quite a while...along w/ Redemption, this is one of the better "new" Prog Metal bands I've come across...
(From A perfect Forever)
Epitome Of Delusion

I take your lives cause I love you
To save your souls
From the bitter truth

The writing on the wall
We couldn�t quite believe it
The words just said it all
But we took to fantasy
Another child was born
The beginning of my delusion
To cover up the facts
That we were losing all we had

Possessed by the impossible dream
We had lost all common sense
In pursuit of everything
In pursuit of everything

I felt forced to follow suit
The epitome of delusion
No one had to know
What I was really struggling with
Behind laughs and phoney smiles
I kept the secrets close to me
A 20 hour working day
Was meant to make us stay

In this world of impossible dreams
In pursuit of everything
In this world of impossible dreams
In pursuit of everything

I can�t tall you where we stand
Apology with gun in hand

In pursuit of everything
In pursuit of everything

In pursuit of everything
In pursuit of everything
The impossible dream
In pursuit of everything
The impossible dream

That song will stick in your head more than the whole last album--buy the other two discs you will not be disappointed.

I think they toned everything back in the last album that made the first two so great--musically and lyrically. But I still think the last disc kicks ass.

(From A perfect Forever)
Epitome Of Delusion

That song will stick in your head more than the whole last album--buy the other two discs you will not be disappointed.

Its funny you brought up Epitome of Delusion...when I first saw this thread, that song popped right into my head!!!:headbang:

Its funny you brought up Epitome of Delusion...when I first saw this thread, that song popped right into my head!!!:headbang:

Yeah it did in mine too...but I did not have the lyrics right on hand.

There are people who post in this forum who, I think, have the means to get AG over here. Wish they would get with that project.:headbang: