ANUBIS GATE....wow!!

Sounds like Anubis Gate should be in the Showcase this year!

Yes, they should! I've been wanting them for PP or the Showcase since I first heard them!

Actually, the way I found this band...found Purification at the CD Inzane table at PPV. At that point, I believe it was their only album. One of those "Shit, this looks cool" moments. I was not disappointed :kickass:

Anubis Gate is badass....bought all 3 albums a couple months ago. production and guitar tone is amazing, too, especially on Andromeda Unchained.

the old singer reminds me of a cross between Marco Hietala and Bruce Dickinson, kinda

listening to the final overture right now... i am really impressed, talk about showcase worthy!

I honestly thought I might get to be a co-sponsor for these guys this year. They've had three very good cd's in a row now. They definitely need to make an appearance soon....and Andromeda Unchained has not left my player since it came out! (That's almost a literal statement).

AU is without a doubt AGs weakest release. They took the edge off of their sound & the new singer is fairly generic. The first 2 releases definitely had more kick & the original singer had a definitive delivery that set him apart from the crowd.

AU is without a doubt AGs weakest release. They took the edge off of their sound & the new singer is fairly generic. The first 2 releases definitely had more kick & the original singer had a definitive delivery that set him apart from the crowd.

Well, if this is "weak" then I'm scared to hear the other 2.

And I don't think the vocals are generic at all...he's actually doing what so many singers try to do and can't. He maintains power throughout his entire range...his delivery is very intense & consistent...very few can pull that off as well as he is doing...this guy is in the same league as Tony Harnell, DC Cooper & Lance King...easily head & shoulders above most...

I listened to the 3 tracks on their myspace and the vocalist on the older stuff is far more generic and boring than the new guy. I'm definitely going to check Andromeda Unchained out.

the vocalist on the older stuff is far more generic and boring than the new guy.

That's what I'm saying...Jacob Hansen is EASILY as good as those I mentioned...he's just not been around as a lead vocalist in this genre as long as the other 3 I mentioned have...

Sounds like Anubis Gate should be in the Showcase this year!

Welcome to my world...

I have been loving this band since album 1, and would piss my pants more for them than anyone in the main show (Exception: Riverside)...
But first I would want to hear the new lead singer do the old stuff...that thought, as I have said before, scares me.

I shed tears for the past while, at the same time, opening my hands to grasp the future.