Any "A Blueprint of the World" fan here?

A lot of really hard work by Doug as well to make this one happen.

Hey the compliments from everyone about Blueprint are pretty cool as well, big time thanks I agree it was special.

Imagine what it would have sounded like with a decent level of bass.

You mean that you are not satisfied with the mix from a bass point of view?

Here, here. The bass is not a rhythm instrument. That's what drums are for. LOL. JK. I think it's a shame when great bass players can't be heard. That's always been one of my pet peeves with Dream Theater. John Myung is a great bass player, like Ed, but you can hardly ever hear him in the mix. :mad:

You mean that you are not satisfied with the mix from a bass point of view?
It's my favorite Enchant album, I love it to death so don't get me wrong here, but the mix in general is...not very good. Especially compared to the newer releases.

They had a tiny budget, and it showed.

I often wished for a better, FATTER production of ABOTW as well, "bassier", for sure, yeah! :)

And I join the crowd of ranking it as by far the best Enchant album, songwriting-wise. Every single one track on it is a catcher, which for me the other albums don't contain as many of....sorry to say!

How about a re-release with a better sound? Although I think there was one already, but has the sound not been improved on it? I would then certainly buy it again!

Remastering can only improve the sound quality so much... I don't own the original Dream Circle release, but I've been told there isn't much difference between the newer IO re-release and the original.

Hmm, I never bothered to look to see if Enchant had a forum on UM. NICE!!!

This too is my favorite album. An incredible debut album. I find that it ranks at the top for debut albums with Threshold's "Wounded Land", which I recommend to everyone.

Welcome. I think there are a lot of Threshold fans here too. Too bad about Mac leaving the band. The future of Threshold seems a bit uncertain right now. Enchant seems to be going strong though, so that's great. :headbang: