Any "A Blueprint of the World" fan here?

Anaon

Feb 9, 2008
Somewhere Else
www.spleenarcana.com
Hi!

I just thought I could make this topic because I'm absolutely fan of their first album. Fro the first second to the last one. The music is fantastic, the playing is impressive, I feel that it's nearly perfect.

One of my favourite albums, in any genre, and my fav one of the band!

I have never felt the same about the other albums unfortunately, I don't know why to be honest. Their music didn't change that much... What do you think?

For you, which album is the more similar to the first?

i agree ABOTW is one of the greatest albums ever produced, all the instruments shine through on this record as well as ted's vocals, this album ranks up there along with rush's moving pictures, the content of the record takes an adventurous approach both lyrically and musically, never a dull moment, the music is so moving delivering loveable rhythmic melodies from the first song right down to the last, as all things must come to an end, i used to get down whenever i heard the ending of "open eyes" begin to fade in the background, that is why i crank it up instead near the end and shout, "Hell Yeah!!!!!" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

i agree ABOTW is one of the greatest albums ever produced, all the instruments shine through on this record as well as ted's vocals, this album ranks up there along with rush's moving pictures, the content of the record takes an adventurous approach both lyrically and musically, never a dull moment, the music is so moving delivering loveable rhythmic melodies from the first song right down to the last, as all things must come to an end, i used to get down whenever i heard the ending of "open eyes" begin to fade in the background, that is why i crank it up instead near the end and shout, "Hell Yeah!!!!!" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Great!! I couldn't tell it in a better way with my clumsy english language!!

Comparing with Moving Pictures is interesting too!!

I'd love to find another album in this vein...

I wrote this bit back in September of last year:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have done it.

I have broken the shrink wrap on "Blueprint of the World," and I've played it repeatedly over the past coyple of weeks on my commutes.

OH MY GOD.

I now see what all the fuss was about!

There is not a song not worth listening to on this disk - although there are indeed songs I admit to now jumping to when I know my drive is too short to get to naturally! They are The Thirst, Catharsis, Oasis (of course!), and I think my favorite on the album (and in the running for my all-time Enchant favorite for that matter), East of Eden. I'm such a sucker for the odd meter!

I'm absolutely IN AWE over Craddick's percussive artistry on this album. I've been enjoying but really deeply dissecting his work on it. What impresses me the most is not merely the skill he has, but the ingenius uniqueness to the flavor of the drumming he brings to every song. It's beautifully punctuated, and yet I don't get the sense that he's showing off or trying to steal any spotlights. I feel as though he's just in a zone and a groove, but that it's a zone and groove that complements the rest of the band without dispute.

Rarely do I hear drumwork that commands my attention like this.

This is not to detract from everyone else's contributions on the album, of course, but hey - ever since the I was 12 and picked up my first pair of drumsticks, my ear for music has never been the same.
What an amazing work of aural art.

--Keith

this record is definitely one of these I'd pick if I have to go on a desert island along with some other masterpieces (Queen II, Moving Pictures, The Corrs 1st album and so on)
this is the kind of albums you listen to for the 3 540 946 783th time and still discover some new stuff on it like a hi-hat fill or a guitar pattern …*isn't that the trademark of great albums ? There's not a single note to throw away.
I definitely can't have one favorite track off of this record. Beat me but I can't choose between "The Thirst", "At Death's Door" "Oasis" or "Open Eyes" I just love all the record.
Paul's drumming is as fine as a jeweller designer so is Doug's guitar. Our Bottom Line bass' parts is in between Pete & Geddy…*Ted*what can I say about Ted he set here the trademark of his unique voice and like good wine, the older he grows up, the better he gets. I can't forget Benignus whose interventions are always well thought

you put all of these ingredients together and you have one of the greatest prog rock albums of all time

Is it a joke about the Corrs first album? (I love this album too anyway)

I'd love to find another album like this but actually, my search is in vain. The other Enchant albums don't bring me the same thing, the same feeling of travelling...

I'm absolutely IN AWE over Craddick's percussive artistry on this album. I've been enjoying but really deeply dissecting his work on it. What impresses me the most is not merely the skill he has, but the ingenius uniqueness to the flavor of the drumming he brings to every song.

So true!! His way of playing cymbals/hit hat brings a lot to the music...

It's strange because if this album is really appreciated, we don't talk about it a lot in progressive areas or it's just me?
It's the reason of this thread anyway :)

Have you heard Time Lost? I was going to say that's the closest one to Blueprint. I believe the songs were written sometime between Blueprint and Wounded, but weren't used on Wounded. It's probably my second favorite Enchant album...after Blueprint, of course. :kickass:

Have you heard Time Lost? I was going to say that's the closest one to Blueprint. I believe the songs were written sometime between Blueprint and Wounded, but weren't used on Wounded. It's probably my second favorite Enchant album...after Blueprint, of course. :kickass:

I know it but not enough it seems... I will listen to it again, thanks :)

ABOTW is my favorite Enchant album as well. The feeling that comes from that album is unforgettable. Give the other albums a chance though. I wasn't a big fan of 'Break' when I first bought it, but lately I can't seem to stop playing it. The lyrics are very deep on that one (although, most Enchant lyrics are!) and the songs bring on a different feeling. Even though some people don't consider 'Break' a 'progressive' type of album, I'd have to disagree. There's a lot going on in there and the musicianship is superb!! Seems each musician has grown with their instrument and I absolutely love the subtle yet technical drum fills Paul adds to the songs. To me, Ted has changed his style of singing a bit on 'Break' too... a much fuller sound with a lot more feeling to it. To me, 'progressive' music isn't just about the technicality of the song, but is also how the band 'progresses' to a new level of sound which is different than what they've done before. I'd love to hear Enchant do another album that sounds like ABOTW, but at the same time I find it refreshing to hear them play something that's different and new. The thing I like about Enchant is that through their albums they've always been able to add 'feeling' to their music by not only the sound of their instruments, but also with what they're playing. Add awesome lyric writing with Ted's awesome voice and you've got some true masterpieces.

Hence the title, Time Lost. But the album certainly doesn't sound like a bunch of demos. Does anyone know when they were recorded? With studio time being so expensive I don't imagine they would have done full recordings of so many songs to end up leaving so many of them on the cutting room floor, so to speak. :)

Hey all

Time Lost was a mixture of music we had recorded for Wounded, and some older material we re-recorded. New Moon had been around a while Ted had the lyrics written for that one when we were still rehearsing at the very first studio at Paul's place. We originally had Under the Sun, New Moon and Blindsided slated for Wounded. Those came to life in the second studio at my old place. Standing Ground and Mettle Man were old Mae Dae tunes and Doug wrote Interact years prior as well.

And actually I think there may still be some other stuff on old ADAT cassette and even reel tapes oin Dougs garage. My god that's dating us :Smug:

Hence the title, Time Lost. But the album certainly doesn't sound like a bunch of demos. Does anyone know when they were recorded? With studio time being so expensive I don't imagine they would have done full recordings of so many songs to end up leaving so many of them on the cutting room floor, so to speak. :)

Without a doubt blueprint is there best,but not only that, it is the GREATEST album EVER made and brings tears to my eyes like no other album. The album cover is my avatar 90% of the time on my myspace. Also Paul craddick drumming is truly awesome( his cymbal play is second to none) He is definately up there with Peart, Portnoy, donati!!

Hey all

Time Lost was a mixture of music we had recorded for Wounded, and some older material we re-recorded. New Moon had been around a while Ted had the lyrics written for that one when we were still rehearsing at the very first studio at Paul's place. We originally had Under the Sun, New Moon and Blindsided slated for Wounded. Those came to life in the second studio at my old place. Standing Ground and Mettle Man were old Mae Dae tunes and Doug wrote Interact years prior as well.

And actually I think there may still be some other stuff on old ADAT cassette and even reel tapes oin Dougs garage. My god that's dating us :Smug:

Hey!! It's great to know more about it thank to you!!
Would be great to hear the other Adat stuff :p

Sweet. Thanks for the back story, Ed. It's amazing what you guys can do with a home studio. I would have sworn it was a commercial studio recording. I guess that shows what pros you guys are and why we love the music so much. :worship:

A lot of really hard work by Doug as well to make this one happen.

Hey the compliments from everyone about Blueprint are pretty cool as well, big time thanks I agree it was special.

Imagine what it would have sounded like with a decent level of bass.

Sweet. Thanks for the back story, Ed. It's amazing what you guys can do with a home studio. I would have sworn it was a commercial studio recording. I guess that shows what pros you guys are and why we love the music so much. :worship: