Any Award for Pyramaze?

wrathchildMS

metalstormer
Nov 29, 2004
La Rochelle, France
www.metalstorm.ee
Since the results of the Awards 2004 of Metal Storm are now available, I'm curious and want to know if Pyramaze won (or was close to win) some awards from the media...

I'm happy I could have the band featured on one of our polls, for Best Newcomer, but as I thought, few people really know the band, so here are the results for that category:

Final results:

1. Wintersun 118
2. Empyrean Sky 40
3. Mar De Grises * 28 (* Staff pick)
4. Vox Tempus 23
5. Pyramaze 18
6. Slumber 18
7. Fluisterwoud 15
8. Passage 12

Complete results here:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/stats/2004.php

Next year you have to win for Best Power Metal Album!!!

The only one i know of so far, is 'Best Newcomer 2004' - awarded by Fierce at Vampster Magazine in Germany. But it's still early, so we might score high at a few other mags too - Lets wait and see.

:devil:

Seriously, I have dissected and analyzed the cd so much I have every thing memorized straight from 00.01 - 55.30 (japanese). Saturday, me and my roomates took a roadtrip to Houston and I brought the beast with me and one of em, whos a drummer had an assgasm over Mortens drumming. I noticed, hes alot more technical than people would think, he knows when to hit the crashes and knows when not to. He uses them more for color and effect rather than just to make overdramatic noise. Its alot harder to play like that and fully utilize the kit rather than say, Anders Jivarp (Dark Tranquillity) or Mike Terrana, who I both think are excellent btw, who are mainly snare and cymbal players.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
Seriously, I have dissected and analyzed the cd so much I have every thing memorized straight from 00.01 - 55.30 (japanese). Saturday, me and my roomates took a roadtrip to Houston and I brought the beast with me and one of em, whos a drummer had an assgasm over Mortens drumming. I noticed, hes alot more technical than people would think, he knows when to hit the crashes and knows when not to. He uses them more for color and effect rather than just to make overdramatic noise. Its alot harder to play like that and fully utilize the kit rather than say, Anders Jivarp (Dark Tranquillity) or Mike Terrana, who I both think are excellent btw, who are mainly snare and cymbal players.

Ben

You were in Houston we should of met up man!

Oh shit, well hey man I just moved to San Antonio. Houstons about three hours away from here and I have family there so Ill prolly be heading there at least more than a few times this semester. Where in Houston do you live?

Ben

Daybreaker said:
Oh shit, well hey man I just moved to San Antonio. Houstons about three hours away from here and I have family there so Ill prolly be heading there at least more than a few times this semester. Where in Houston do you live?

Ben

Katy...west houston, are u going to the Sonata Arctica/Nightwish show over there. You should come up here Feb. 19, Magistral is shooting a clip and it is free admission, If you like them and all

Daybreaker said:
Oh most definitely Im going to the Nightwish / Sonata show, got an interview with Sonata for it. Are you gonna try and catch the show here?

Ben

Oh, yeah I am going. I was gonna go to the fort worth show too but I can't back to school on time unless I can convince my dad to let me stay home :err:

Cool about the interview

Well hey dude, when the show is coming nearer, Ill email you (or email me if you want) and give you my contact info. Its real easy as hell to get to my place from Houston (keep coming in on I 10 W till you hit UTSA Blvd, or if you're coming off 1604 its ten min away from that too) We need to metal the fuck out and I want to show you the most awesome of cd stores here in town. You gonna make it a day trip or stay the night?

I've got a friend in Austin that's gonna meet me at my joint, and my best bro from Midland thats coming down too (hes also making it for the Dark Tranquillity show, another interview, damn I rule) so hell, itd be a metal crew. Ahhhh, a tailgate party at the White Rabbit. Be warned though, I get to shows early, as in noonish.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
Well hey dude, when the show is coming nearer, Ill email you (or email me if you want) and give you my contact info. Its real easy as hell to get to my place from Houston (keep coming in on I 10 W till you hit UTSA Blvd, or if you're coming off 1604 its ten min away from that too) We need to metal the fuck out and I want to show you the most awesome of cd stores here in town. You gonna make it a day trip or stay the night?

I've got a friend in Austin that's gonna meet me at my joint, and my best bro from Midland thats coming down too (hes also making it for the Dark Tranquillity show, another interview, damn I rule) so hell, itd be a metal crew. Ahhhh, a tailgate party at the White Rabbit. Be warned though, I get to shows early, as in noonish.

Ben

DT is coming, oh my god!!! It really depends on if I am going to school that day. But it will be a convoy of people coming with me including some of my band, the whole Houston metal crew will probably coming with me. won't be spending the night, but I will be there until like 3:00 am