PYRAMAZE NOMINATED FOR "BEST POWER METAL ALBUM 2008"

Oct 26, 2004
Denmark
Each year, www.MetalStorm.eu, the European Metal Webzine (with more than
400,000 single visits and more than 34,000,000 hits each month) is proud
to present the Metal Storm Awards. This year Pyramaze has been nominated
for "BEST POWER METAL ALBUM 2008". If you feel that "Immortal" deserves to win the award, please go to http://www.metalstorm.ee/awards/categories.php?cat_id=15
and vote for us. The fans will have the last word!!

I just voted for Immortal! :headbang:

Are there current scores to look at? I couldn't find any... so we'll have to wait some weeks to the final results, right?

Ah, nice...I always enjoy the Metal Storm awards every year. The choices are usually very tough in the power metal category, however, because that's the bulk of what I listen to...hmz
39.gif

Just looked at the actual awards. Wow...

Alternative Metal - Meshuggah - ObZen: I've never even heard of "Alternative Metal".

Atmospheric/Symphonic Metal - Haggard - Tales Of Ithiria: Huh?

Avantgarde Metal - Oceans Of Sadness - The Arrogance Of Ignorance: This is a good disc, but there's nothing "Avantgarde" about it.

Black Metal - Darkthrone - Dark Thrones and Black Flags: Best Black Metal disc? Puhhlease.

Death Metal - Septicflesh - Communion: What?

Doom Metal - Virgin Black - Requiem - Fortissimo: I can't stand Doom, so I have no opinion here.

Extreme Doom Metal - Esoteric - The Maniacal Vale: Extreme Doom Metal?

Gothic Metal - Moonspell - Night Eternal: How many other discs are in this category?

Grindcore - Misery Index - Traitors: Whatever.

Hard Rock - AC/DC - Black Ice: This disc blows.

Heavy Metal - Metallica - Death Magnetic: LOL.

Melodeath/Gothenburg Metal - Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God: When did Amon Amarth become MeloDeath?

Metalcore - Heaven Shall Burn - Iconoclast: who cares.

Pagan/Viking/Folk Metal - Eluveitie - Slania. One word... Thyrfing.

Post-Metal - Cult Of Luna - Eternal Kingdom: I'd take Mouth of the Architect by a very wide margin.

Power Metal - Avantasia - The Scarecrow: This is a flat out awful disc. Comparing it to Pyramaze of Eyefear is laughable.

Progressive Metal - Opeth - Watershed: Opeth is ProgMetal? LOL.

Sludge/Stoner Metal - Ufomammut - Idolum. Wow. I would have never guessed this is the genre Ufomammut belongs in.

Thrash Metal - Testament - The Formation Of Damnation: A complete nostalgia pick.

No mention of Warrell Dane's disc, which was the best disc of 2008? A bizarre, crap list.

Zod

Meh, lists mean nothing. Immortal kicks the shit out of any of these. It was definately the best Power metal album in 2008.

And btw, since when have Amon Amarth not been melodeath?

Power Metal - Avantasia - The Scarecrow: This is a flat out awful disc. Comparing it to Pyramaze of Eyefear is laughable.

Progressive Metal - Opeth - Watershed: Opeth is ProgMetal? LOL.
The Scarecrow is awesome, but most of it is not power metal.

I'd say Opeth are more prog than any other genre...putting them into the death metal category just doesn't fit either.

Wow, there seem to be quite a lot of different styles of metal... weird! What do Scar Symmetry play? Slightly progressive power death metal? :lol:

I only know two kinds of metal: good and bad... and that always depends on the listener!

I don't care which kind of metal a band plays, the only thing that matters is if I enjoy listening to it. And I listen to a lot of different stuff: Tad Morose, King Diamond, Rush, Iron Maiden, Amon Amarth, Pantera, Immortal, Queensryche, Marillion, Nightwish, Black Sabbath, Tool, Rammstein... just to name few extremes to show the variety... They all (and many others) are great! :kickass: