Any Belphegor fans out there?

I like them a great deal and agree that, at least compared to a lot out there, they are rather underrated. Then, I really like the hybrid death/black appraoch in general - a best of both worlds thing I suppose.
"Lucifer Incestus" seems to me to best represent their work overall(brilliant production!), but the newer and older stuff is also solid to me.

Lucifer Incestus is definetly a brilliant album and I haven't heard bad things about them here in the U.S.A. Must be in Europe then. But anyways I do not find them to be unoriginal. I think they combine a excellent combination of speed and slow parts and I love the vocals and guitars. The drums aren't great but they don't bother me. That being said other then LI being a brilliant album I also love the cover artwork though the Devil/Demon itself could of been drawn better and the pic of the naked nuns lezzin it up in the booklet itself rules :lol: :kickass: I also like the artwork on the recent album...

I just gave Pestapokalypse VI my first listen and I was very pleased. The album is very punishing but at the same time, that lead guitar seems to sing some sad melodies that add an interesting contrast to the destructive music that it complements. I'm sure I'll like this more with more listens. There is hope yet for blackened death metal as a meritable genre.

I really like the lead guitars on "Pest Teufel Apokalypse" Drumming is good, but reminds me of Aurora Borealis, though not quite as solid.

I briefly re-listened to the album and honestly I hate this type of production, it really kills the album, which would be a lot better had it not been for the production values.