Are their any Faith No More fans out there!

Black Metal

New Metal Member
Apr 9, 2002
Faith No More are one of my favorite bands. I like all their albums. Their sound is the most unique. That is what I like about them. What are your thoughts and favorite FNM's album?

I always liked Faith No More. I have all the albums, my fave being 'The Real Thing', and then they kind of got progressively worse which each album Mike was in the band, IMHO.

Angeldust was still very good, (I love those screeches in 'Jizzlobber', one of my fave FNM songs) but from then on, Mike started to make 'em a bit too weird. KFADFFAL was still good, but 'Album of the Year' was shite!

Mike's solo stuff is cool, but I just didn't think his influences were good for FNM, and I liked them before he turned them all weird. 'The Real Thing' is a fantastic album.

Faith No More "Angel Dust" is one of the 10 best albums EVER!

FNM didn't get progressively worse after "The Real Thing". They are one of the rare bands that didn't fold to the public after they got a taste of success. In other words, they didn't follow the rap metal path that they could have after "Epic" becamse such a hit. Mike Patton has many great projects, but I'd say Fantomas is my favorite. I'm going to see Tomahawk with Tool on the 24th. That should be cool.

I've listened to most of their stuff, I love 'em to bits, but am I the only one who reckons 'King For A Day...' was the best album? I mean, Angel Dust really did rock, but the guitarist didn't really write much of that album so I thought it was way too keyboard oriented for my taste. The one exception was Jizzlobber... the guitars (and vocal screeches) in that song rocked.

Good observation Dill. I think the bass player was also a primary song writer. Or maybe he just did the lyrics. I think he was most definetly gay. Those lyrics could really turn a closed-minded homophobe to death . . . "I swallow. I swallow."

Jizzlobber???

And Roddy Bottum came out of the closet about 5 years ago....

FNM's cover of War Pigs is just phenomenal and so cool that they always did it live.