Any Blind Guardian fans here?

Knight of the Templar

PEAC EOUT!!
Aug 2, 2003
Paradise (I mean, Chile)
Visit site
Do you guys like Blind Guardian? (the ones who doesn't please don't flame the band... ok?)

Well... I'm listening to Nightfall in Middle Earth right now... it's really great!! I mean, it has power, emotion, technique... everything I look on a good album is here...

For example:
Noldor (dead winter reigns) it's amazing. It made my cry... listening to that song, and reading the lyrics, helped me to understand de pain of the Noldor: condemned by the Valar, betrayed by Fëanor... it seems everything is lost for them. And the music helps to build that atmosphere... :cool:

What do you think of their albums? Of the band?

PS: Please don't flame the band or the fans if you don't like 'em...

I love BG. I've been listening to their live album everyday since I got it for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. They're an excellent live band, but of course their studio work, especially the more recent ones, are awesome too. I love both Nightfall and Night at the Opera, even though NATO is quite heavy on the operatic stuff. Their older, rawer stuff is great too, and damn is the Bard's Song a tune to make me cry. So yeah, BG kicks some major ass.

You lucky!!! I want that Live Cd... the cover kicks major ass!!! And I have some mp3's... Majesty is even better than the original version, IMO.
The Bard's Song-In the Forest is their anthem... and it's a timeless classic, really. :D

BTW, Metal Chick... I haven't seen you in the Blind Guardian forum... it's a great place, lots of interesting discussions... try it... ^^

Yep, I also love Blind Guardian. The first album of theirs I bought was Imaginations from the Other Side and it remains my favorite album of theirs. I actually haven't listened to them much in quite awhile. There was a period of I think it was about two years that I listened to them practically everyday, so I've just been taking a break from them. :p I'm slowly starting to get back to listening to them though...

Knight of the Templar said:
BTW, Metal Chick... I haven't seen you in the Blind Guardian forum... it's a great place, lots of interesting discussions... try it... ^^

You know, I've never actually gone over there. Maybe I'll stop by to check it out. I'm always kinda shy about meeting new people, but if I did it here, I can go there too ;)

I've got everything from Somwhere Far Beyond to the Live album (everything else I have downloaded for now). I was lucky enough to see them live back in December of 2002 with Symphony X. They are great, but need to be in a certain mood to listen to them.

I was listening to A Night at the Opera while playing Age of Empires II last night. I fucking hate NiME tho, go figure...

Blind Guardian is one of my favourite bands and night fall in the middle earth is definetly my favourite album with awesome lyrics and emotion and technique too.It is by far one of the best concept albums ever.ı love their other albums too.Blind guardian is one band that share their musical evolution with listeners they progressed alot compared to their old stuff and they are at the top a band can be now.I satrted playing the guitar because ı wanted to play mirror miror so much.ı think theyre awesome.

:D Oh, yes! I discovered BG soon after "Imagination from the other Side" was released, IIRC. I was hooked from the start, but I must say that the band really became big, really wrote their masterpiece with "Nightfall in Middle-Earth". Man, I shiver everytime I hear that one, just like "The Odyssey" from you-know-who. ;) I really love their storytelling in that one.

And I applauded them after that: the movies on the Lord of the Rings had been announced, so the band decided not to use the commercial success. This is how "A Night at the Opera" was their first album with no relation to the Lord of the Rings... I love that album also, but sometimes it gets awfully complicated (some songs were recorded on more than 100 audio channels!!)

For some reason, I have yet to see them live. Soon, I hope. :)

Ok, in my opinion Blind Guardian are the best band in the world, ever. My first album was Nightfall in Middle-Earth, which I discovered by stumbling upon some review one night when I was searching for stuff on Yngwie. Not long after, I bought the album, and at first it kind of threw me off. Then, one night, when I was stressing over this girl, I said to myself, 'I need to think about something else...' and I popped NiME in the CD player and put on the headphones. Suddenly, I was in love with it. Since then, I have acquired these BG releases:

Battalions of Fear
Follow the Blind
Tales from the Twilight World
Somewhere Far Beyond
Imaginations from the Other Side
The Forgotten Tales
Mirror, Mirror (single)
Nightfall in Middle-Earth
And Then There Was Silence (single)
A Night at the Opera
The Bard's Song (In the Forest) (single)
Live

\m/

Currently working on getting:

Lucifer's Heritage - Symphonies of Doom (pre-BG) (I don't know if it's even possible to still get this)
Tokyo Tales
A Past and Future Secret (single)
Mr. Sandman (single)

Blind Guardian is an excellent band. no one here is gonna flame it. hehe. now if you goto another section of the forum such as the Black Metal bands, then MAYBE.

yes their live album is very excelent.

the reason why it sounds better than the original songs is that it is pretty much a studio album with live recording. they used the best sounding pieces of each instrument from different shows and combined them into the best possible live performance when they mixed it.

when you listen to a song, you are hearing ex. (the guitars from UK, the Drums from Germany, Bass/Keyboards from France, and vocals from wherever.)

Yes, I too love Blind Guardian. However, is it true that on a few songs on "A Night at the Opera" they used over 30 different guitar tracks? I heard that from some guy reviewing it on Amazon.com, but I don't know what to believe.

Oh yes! Excellent band. My first true love. :)

I've tabbed and learned to play everything on NIME which is my favourite BG-disc. I have all of them except the new LIVE and Follow The Blind.