Any Blind Guardian fans here?

Blind Guardian have been my undisputed favourite band for almost eight years now. "Imaginations from the other Side" is the most perfect symbiosis of music, vocals and lyrics since "Master of Puppets", "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" is a flawless concept album with unbelievable diversity and supreme storytelling, and "A Night at the Opera" easily surpasses most modern Prog albums in terms of attention to detail and complexity (does that word exist?).

I´m positively surprised to see so many fellow Blind Guardian fans here. :) I always thought they had kind of an undeserved bad rep among Prog fans for their straight Speed Metal past...

I hope their next CD will be done in "less is more"-style in a way like The Odyssey is compared to V. And they should remaster NIME so we could hear Marcus' guitars too... :loco:

And yeah, i was known as feanor in MySongBook.com. I just wonder how many feanor's & other elves there are around nowadays. Thanks to Peter Jackson! :p

Knight of the Templar said:
A little question for you... do you think that Blind Guardian is going more... "prog" in A night at the Opera? I mean... the songs are more complex than the "usual", how they are "organized", the arrangements, the performance...
Absolutely. They are not typical "Prog", as they have no instrumental wankery and stuff, but they surely are a lot more "progressive" in the actual sense of the word than most Power Prog bands are.

I fuckin love Blind Guardian. One of my very favorite bands of all time. Nightfall in Middle Earth is a classic, but I also really like their older stuff like Follow the Blind and Tales from the Twilight World.

If it weren't for Guardian, I wouldn't have ever found Sym X. So I love them even more. For some reason or another, none of the first albums do anything for me, so I'm gonna stick with ANATO and NFIME for now. Gotta find the Live album now..

JHawk said:
If it weren't for Guardian, I wouldn't have ever found Sym X.

Me neither. Actually Blind Guardian (An Hammerfall) were the first power metal bands I'd heard off.

And Nightfall in Middle Earth is seriously one of the greatest metal albums ever created, it rules on so many levels. :headbang:

They're simply great, one of my favourite band, I hear them since a lot of time, and ev'ry new album was always better than the one before.

Somebody say that the singer don't sing well live, but I don't think, I saw them.
It's natural that he can't do all the choir.
Then I heard harvest of sorrow live, and men, he sing in so many different armonization (is it the right word? - armonizzazioni) that I was so amazing of this.
So just good, just good.

OMG... listening to A Night At The Opera right now... it's one of the best of BG! Still, my favourite is and will always be, NIME... but this one is sharing the first place! :D

It's really really good... very "proggy"... just listen to Precious Jerusalem, or Age of False Innocence... ;)

I enjoy BG quite a lot. I've especially grown to like Hansi Kursch's voice. Totally unique, and awesome. Although, I agree with someone saying, you have to be in a certain mood to really enjoy them.

I like BG, but i like the old speed metal stuff from Battalions of Fear. Their newer stuff is good, but too over the top. I get really bored with ANATO after about 3 songs. In fact, i don't think i have ever listened to that album all the way through... it just gets really boring with so much going on. Kinda the opposite of the intended effect.

I love Blind Guardian. That's all I've been listening to lately. I saw them live back in 2002 when Symphony X opened up for them. It was a kickass show. I was at the front so I took good pictures. Blind Guardian never came back to Toronto after that but I hope they do some time soon!

Blind Guardian are truly an amazing band although I really do not care much for A Night At The Opera. Tales From The Twilight World is my favorite Blind Guardian although it's definitely too hard to pick a song! Well, I think I'd probably pick either The Last Candle or Somewhere Far Beyond even though I still cannot be certain! :)

Here is my Blind Guardian collection:

Battalions Of Fear
Follow The Blind
Tales From The Twilight World
Somewhere Far Beyond
Tokyo Tales
A Past And Future Secret
Imaginations From The Other Side
Mr. Sandman
Forgotten Tales
Mirror Mirror
Nightfall In Middle-Earth