Any Borknagar Fans Here?

noble savage

Oct 28, 2004
Indiana
I went out on a limb today and purchased Empiricism at a record shop near me only because I heard Asgeir played with them (And a few others from Spiral Architect?) And to be honest, I'm completely floored.

This is the first "black" metal album I have ever purchased and now I'm going to dig deeper into this genre just on how much I'm enjoying this album. I'm already going to order Origin based on the fact that it's a folky/acoustic album. Any reccomendations on what other Borknagar albums I should get? Maybe even other similar bands?

Well, besides Empiricism and Origin you can try Epic and Quintessence.

Some "similar" bands:

Vintersorg (he's doing lead vocals on the last 3 Borknagar LPs)

Solefald (Lars on vocals, keys and drums; he's doing backing vocals and keys in Borknagar)

Age of Silence (again Lars on vocals, very nice keyboards and riffing)

Cronian (side project of Vintersorg and the guitarist from Borknagar)

In the Woods (more avantgarde / psychedelic metal)

Winds (neo-classical progressive metal)

Enslaved (viking / extreme / prog metal)

Here i am, one of Borknagar FUN!
Borknagar have no bad album, i love them all.
By The way, I have been very disappointed when Asgeir has left Borknagar. For me this drummer was ideally entered in this Band as well as in many other. But I hope that it will not affect on Borknagar.

Not really. Let's just say I didn't fit the band.

I do not know who told you this kind of thing but I consider that you the most ideal drummer for Borknagar....and not only for borknagar. :) By the way Asgeir, I have a project, somthing like, i repeat, somthing like....not like...just somthing like Spiral Architect on which it is necessary to record drumms and i need your kind of thinking :)

I do not know who told you this kind of thing but I consider that you the most ideal drummer for Borknagar....and not only for borknagar. :) By the way Asgeir, I have a project, somthing like, i repeat, somthing like....not like...just somthing like Spiral Architect on which it is necessary to record drumms and i need your kind of thinking :)

Thanks!