Any chance of a US tour?

Aug 1, 2005
Batavia, IL
www.myspace.com
With the release of God's Equation, is there any chance of Pagan's Mind doing any shows in the U.S. in the next year or so?

Figured I'd ask since it seems there are quite a few people on this forum who are close to the band and might have some insight. Thanks.

PM really wants to tour the US,but its a matter of cost-all the guys have regular day jobs.

PM-management are constantly working on solutions for this to happen.

Maybe if they did something like a mini-tour, similar to what Circus Maximus and Manticora are planning in the U.S. in early spring. Just a thought. Hopefully in the future PM is able to work something out as I'm sure many here would love to see them. Thanks for the info.

And maybe some Canadian dates as well (Montreal, Quebec, Toronto)? All great prog cities. Was in MTL just a few days ago for SymX and it was packed! I'm sure it could be as well for PM :)

Maybe they can contact Mike Portnoy. He has the Progressive Nations tour that he put together. He's finally helping to expose bands that need to tour the US more.

I would love to see a bigger band like Dream Theater pick up Pagan's Mind and Vanden Plas and do a tour of the US. Pagan's Mind is certainly an elite band, but the US is sooo big and the fans are spread out. It is difficult to get enough fans at the venues to make it profitable because of the long distances.

Bryant

It took Gigantour, to finally have Symphony X come down to Florida. And it was Mike Portnoy that recommended them to Dave Mustaine. SX finally came to Tampa, and played a few days ago, on their own tour. I'm hoping the same trend will happen for PM. Because until a few years ago, SX only played the Prog Fests, or didn't tour any further south than Atlanta. I've converted about 5 people to Pagans Mind in the last year. Get the word out, is what I say, we can't count on radio, or record labels to do it!

Isn't it past your bedtime my oldschool brother ? Ha ha ha... I think I have converted my share of people to Pagans Mind as well. I do my best at introducing Pagan's Mind to people. I do the same for Vanden Plas.

Bryant

It took Gigantour, to finally have Symphony X come down to Florida. And it was Mike Portnoy that recommended them to Dave Mustaine. SX finally came to Tampa, and played a few days ago, on their own tour. I'm hoping the same trend will happen for PM. Because until a few years ago, SX only played the Prog Fests, or didn't tour any further south than Atlanta. I've converted about 5 people to Pagans Mind in the last year. Get the word out, is what I say, we can't count on radio, or record labels to do it!

Well, when I was working, I'd stay up until 12:30-1:30. I got layed off....twice, over the last 9 months, so I stay up a little longer lately. I should have tried to keep going with my lawn business. I was making more money and was totally free of dealing with assholes. But some fuckers stole my equipment 2 years ago. But little by little, I'm getting new equipment, so....

I would love to see a bigger band like Dream Theater pick up Pagan's Mind and Vanden Plas and do a tour of the US. Pagan's Mind is certainly an elite band, but the US is sooo big and the fans are spread out. It is difficult to get enough fans at the venues to make it profitable because of the long distances.

Bryant

I would love to see Pagan's Mind do a headlining tour but I would settle for an opening set. Pagan's Mind and Vanden Plas would be much better choices to tour with DT than Opeth and Between The Buried And Me. :puke:

I was at that Symphony X show in St. Pete. It was amazing! Great sound and the crowd and band were really into it. I didn't really care for either of the opening acts. How about a co-headline tour with Pagan's Mind and Symphony X? :headbang: