any CoB songs considered ballads?

Well their slow songs have some drum comps and stuff that are generally found in ballads. But there are 4 COB songs considered as "ballads": Everytime I Die, Angels Don't Kill, Punch Me I Bleed, Banned from Heaven. They have a tradition to make one slower song for every album.

You could say they have many fast ballads in their older albums :lol: like Touch Like Angel Of Death, Bed Of Razors, Kissing the Shadows..

I agrre to the "fast ballads" concept - like for instance "Kissing the Shadows" which to me is kind of ballad-like (which means that I can play it at almost correct speed on my guitar :oops: ). The beginning of Touch Like Angel Of Death from Tokyo Warhearts is kinda slow too...
By the way - nice avatar (looks like my guitar - a Custom Shop Alexi Scythe RV-350 from 2005)

I agrre to the "fast ballads" concept - like for instance "Kissing the Shadows" which to me is kind of ballad-like (which means that I can play it at almost correct speed on my guitar :oops: ). The beginning of Touch Like Angel Of Death from Tokyo Warhearts is kinda slow too...
By the way - nice avatar (looks like my guitar - a Custom Shop Alexi Scythe RV-350 from 2005)

Isnt that the rock theme before Touch like an Angel of Death?

To me lyrics serve the music and not the other way around. :) I mean that lyrics are just an extra to a song. The singer could just be singing ``DA DA DA`` or just humming and it would be ok for me. What is important I think is the notes and the rhythm the singer does not the words.

I wouldn't consider any slow COB songs ballads.
The one that comes close is probably Punch Me I Bleed.
If you're looking for ballads, check out Sonata Arctica, they have some really nice ones.

A ballad is a form of verse, often a narrative story and set to music. Ballads were characteristic of particularly British and Irish popular poetry and song from the later medieval period until the nineteenth century and used extensively across Europe and later north America, Australia and north Africa. Many ballads were written and sold as single sheet broadsides. The form was often used by poets and composers from the eighteenth century onwards to produce lyrical ballads. In the later twentieth century it took on the meaning of a slow form of popular love song.

Well, if we start looking at COB songs more closely, then we could find even more ballads in poetry terms, but music-wise the thing is they have a tradition since Follow the Reaper to make one "slow" song per album. Generally they're not the best examples of ballad songs, but despite the fact they're not associated with love in any way, rather self torment, that's what they are, death metal ballads.