Any Death Metal fans on here?

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I have been into death metal since I first heard slowly we rot by obituary waaaay back in the day. I just went and saw six feet under and sworn enemy at the whisky. I haven't seen Chris Barnes since his days with Cannibal Corpse. He still has the raunchiest, deepest growl I have heard from any vocalist in death metal. Six Feet Under is not as fast as Cannibal Corpse with no blast beats more groove oriented death metal.

I can't wait to see Morbid Angel again next month!

Whiplash402 said:
hey ironmaidenfan y dont u go to the thrax board anymore?

I still check it out from time to time. I got over the entire jon vs. joey thing which seems you can't even express how much you like that the band is back together without some kids screaming how joey sucks and jon was a god lol

Death metal isn't my bag but a funny story when I first heard cookie monster vocals.
I had heard of Cannibal Corpse and ran across a CD in the used CD shop. Took it over and plopped it in the player. First thought......reading the lyrics at the same time.

"That is the most fucked up sounding bass I've ever heard! Wait! No, there is the bass. WTF is that sound! OMG the vocals!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I restarted the song and even though I had the words in hand I couldn't understand a freaking word he was singing. I was giggling at every "syllable" trying to make it out.

Not my thing, but very memorable.

Jim