Any Death Metal Fans on here?

That songs was pretty alright, not really my piece of cake... I prefer stuff like Opeth.

Death metal would be easier to take if it had actual vocals instead of just growling. At the Metal Blade Records 20th Anniversary concert back in 2002, I left as soon as Cannibal Corpse's so called vocalist started. I don't even like it when Sara growls into a mic at MaidenS shows. Even Tom of Slayer seems to be a talented vocalist compared to most death metal vocalists I've heard.

Jeff Milne said:
Death metal would be easier to take if it had actual vocals instead of just growling. At the Metal Blade Records 20th Anniversary concert back in 2002, I left as soon as Cannibal Corpse's so called vocalist started. I don't even like it when Sara growls into a mic at MaidenS shows. Even Tom of Slayer seems to be a talented vocalist compared to most death metal vocalists I've heard.

I have to agree with you Jeff. I like my growls to have a bit of melody to them i.e James Hetfield.

Metallicat180 said:
I have to agree with you Jeff. I like my growls to have a bit of melody to them i.e James Hetfield.

To each their own. To me it just wouldn't be death metal without the growls. If you put singing to the music it would lose its value. I didn't know James Hetfield growled lol. Hetfield was a great vocalist no doubt about it, but now he is aweful.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
To each their own. To me it just wouldn't be death metal without the growls. If you put singing to the music it would lose its value. I didn't know James Hetfield growled lol. Hetfield was a great vocalist no doubt about it, but now he is aweful.

James has a growly voice, it's like a melodic roar. I've tried to like death metal. The guitars start and I'm like "Oh great!
headbob.gif
" and then the guy starts screaming and/or roaring and it's just like "Oh god, turn it off!!
crap.gif
" I'm not even going to get into an arguement about James voice nowadays.

I love the stuff. good ANGERY MUSIC but it all depends on the mood I'm in. I can go from Slayer to Rush to the Stones To Opeth To Jimi Hendrix to The Maidens to well you get it I like a lot of different music but I can't stand EMO, ScreamO. If I hear one more song about your girlfriend leaving you I'm gonna shoot something

Isn't the term "death metal" kind of an oxymoron? In my mind, metal has always been about life and energy. The live metal performance akin to being an athlete.