OT: Any Death Metal Fans on Here?

Soulfly is definitely nowhere near death metal; Sepultura's early records could be called death/thrash metal. But Soulfly? Stylistically closer to new metal.

Anyway, don't forget Death! I've only recently got into Sounds of Perserverance, and I can't wait to get more. Schuldiner was incredible; a terrible loss. I do remember Leprosy; my 14-year-old self thought it looked rather extreme. Now I'd probably think it was good thrash metal. Nobody said "death" metal back then. I first heard that in the early 90s. Does anyone know when the term "death metal" became popularised? Probably when more and more such bands were coming out of Florida: Morbid Angel, Death, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, etc.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
No Doubt! What the hell was Swan Song? That shit was garbage. Heartwork was a great THRASH album but it was NOTHING compared to reek and necro

Swan song fucking rocks out, its not like other carcass, but its fucking awesome :headbang: Keep on rotting in a free world

I like a few Death Metal bands, Death being my favorite with Carcass not very far behind. So many of them all sound the same but the standouts fuking rock. Top 5 for me would be
1. Death
2. Carcass
3. early Entombed
4. early Napalm Death
5. Obituary.

1. Death
And then in no particular order:
Demilich
Nocturnus
Illdisposed
Grave
(the first) Six Feet Under
Bolt Thrower
(first three) Therion
Hypocrisy

edit: Nocturnus - 'The Key' is so fucking close to taking the 1. spot!
Btw. I´ve got the ltd. edition splatter vinyl lp :cool:

ive always been into deicide but i like more thrashy death type stuff like slayer kreator and early entombed!

entombed have always and will probably always kick major ass.....i know they did the ballet thing in stockholm the other year, but it was still pretty insane...ok their newer stuff aint so death, but theyre still a tight fukin band imo

WORD

Obituary, Withering Surface, Carcass, death metal has a lot more to offer then the mainstream shit people listen to.

Thrillho said:
WORD

Obituary, Withering Surface, Carcass, death metal has a lot more to offer then the mainstream shit people listen to.

the main reason i dont really like death metal is the sound of the guitars are usually shit and the vocals are unbarable lol,at least with carcass he has a style to his voice,standout.

You want death metal check out Deaden......deaden.net.....there from Chicago Il......some really brutal stuff.....big fan of theirs!!!!!!!!!