OT: Any Death Metal Fans on Here?

I've only recently got into Obituary and Insane kicks ass. I'll definitely check out their new record. I have the remastered World Demise and The End Complete--awesome.

I have the new Obituary too.

It's better than Back from the Dead but still nothing on Slowly we Rot or Cause of Death.

Obi have always been one of my favourite D-metal bands along with Suffocation and Nocturnis. I'm not a huge D-metal fan but it does fucking rule!

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Obi have always been one of my favourite D-metal bands along with Suffocation and Nocturnis.

I´m surprised that somebody still remembers Nocturnus, one of the few bands where keyboards are (were) allowed.
Obituary are great, but IMO they reached their peak already with the debut, afterwards it slowly went downhill with each album. Haven´t heard the new one yet.

I have their CD "World Demise". I like it. Insane is pretty good.
But my favorite death metal band is Malevolent Creation. I can't keep track of the lineup of M.C. because they've gone through sooo many, but every album of theirs is fucking rad.

ThraxDude said:
I have their CD "World Demise". I like it. Insane is pretty good.
But my favorite death metal band is Malevolent Creation. I can't keep track of the lineup of M.C. because they've gone through sooo many, but every album of theirs is fucking rad.

I remember seeing Malevolent Creation few years ago in a rather smaller venue in Prague. I hadn´t heard a single song by them before, but the show was fanfuckingtastic.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Until, Necrotism I'd class them as Grind. Carcass are one of my favourite bands just now though, especially the Necrotism album.

I hope they do a re-union some time because they had a lot more left in them.

yes it seemed to go all sour when they signed with columbia,dont know if that was the main reason for the split but these guys def had alot more in them,maybe one day we will get another album from them.

mrthrax said:
yes it seemed to go all sour when they signed with columbia,dont know if that was the main reason for the split but these guys def had alot more in them,maybe one day we will get another album from them.

Yup, the Columbia-deal was bad, after Carcass signed to them most of the staff was replaced and they had no idea what kind of band Carcass was, they wanted Jeff to take singing lessons (some gossip says they even wanted him to change his look, get dreads again). Bill got tired and left the band. So I´d say Columbia played a big part in Carcass demise. Listen to the song "I Told You So (Corporate Rock Really Does Suck)".

Carcass is like AnthraX, I like all their eras, Grind, death and heavy metal.

mrthrax said:

No Doubt! What the hell was Swan Song? That shit was garbage. Heartwork was a great THRASH album but it was NOTHING compared to reek and necro