Everybodies Fav. Death Band

Ageless said:
Fuckin yeah! !:kickass: I know so few people that like Myrkskog! I'm such a fanboy of that band, and as far as i know i'm the only person who likes 'Superior Massacre'.
Heh, add me to the list. I remember buying it a long time ago and after five or so frustrated listens, casting it into the murky depths of my collection...damning it at the time to be too heavy and samey for me to get to grips with. Fast forward to last week when I stuck it on again out of curiosity. Just....wow. Soooooo underrated. Sure, the lyrics are among the more laughable in death metal, but Superior Massacre is just filled to the brim with so many amazingly heavy and sadistic riffs....its hard not to love! Add to that one of the best productions i've ever heard (the guitar tone is absolutely crushing, and the vocal effects are chilling, rather like Zyklon's superlative first effort) and i've got an album I can spin endlessly.

Deathmachine should be arriving next week sometime. Hope it is of similar quality.

DravenMist said:
Psycroptic
awww yeahhh. ;o)

Meh, there's just far too many. =(

erm...ok, JUS T FI VE F OR N OW!

Psycroptic, Krisiun, Siksakubur, Neuraxis, Debodified.

Seem to be my strong favourites at the moment.

The Chasm, Death, Martyr, Immolation, Morbid Angel, Carcass and early At the Gates.

[Edit: Atheist]

Carcass is the most underrated Death-Metal band ever . They're the best too

SculptedCold said:
Heh, add me to the list. I remember buying it a long time ago and after five or so frustrated listens, casting it into the murky depths of my collection...damning it at the time to be too heavy and samey for me to get to grips with. Fast forward to last week when I stuck it on again out of curiosity. Just....wow. Soooooo underrated. Sure, the lyrics are among the more laughable in death metal, but Superior Massacre is just filled to the brim with so many amazingly heavy and sadistic riffs....its hard not to love! Add to that one of the best productions i've ever heard (the guitar tone is absolutely crushing, and the vocal effects are chilling, rather like Zyklon's superlative first effort) and i've got an album I can spin endlessly.

Deathmachine should be arriving next week sometime. Hope it is of similar quality.
I was blown away upon first listen of 'Superior Massacre'. Destructhor's solo in "Over The Gore" makes me cum every time I hear it! And listen to "Utter Human Murder", at 2:22 (if I remember correctly) the pummeling drums and riffs totally rip my face off! that section is so fuckin heavy!

Secthdamon's drumming is fuckin quality, there's something about the snare sound that i love. And he gets some awesome speed on the Double bass. Certainly someone I consider a major influence for me.

And 'Deathmachine' is an outstanding record, its a shame that 'Superior Massacre' was like 'Aeon' in the sense that it wasn't a direct continuation of their debut, but instead they chose to completely change direction. "The Hate Syndicate" is my favourite track from 'Deathmachine'.

On a side note, check out Tidfall if you haven't already. They're similar to Zyklon and Myrkskog. The song "Mind Raper" is as punishing as "Utter Human Murder", in my opinion.

oooooh. i've heard hate syndicate and the title track, and it doesn't sound too horribly different from superior massacre....more brutal maybe, but otherwise similar. huh, well, should be interesting.

utter human murder, as i recall, was one of the less remarkable tracks to me. over the gore is an obvious favourite because it's dynamic and therefore memorable....but meh, EVERY song is filled with amazing riffs and very cool drumming. their time changes are nifty.

Theres alot of great death metal bands, and like everyone says ones opinion changes constantly on every re-listen. I guess we are talking about real death metal- so at the present moment Vader, Nile, SUffocation, Morbid Angel, Carcass, Crypotopsy, and old Obituary- although I really dig Zyklon new stuff too- but are they true death metal? - I have no idea. I really like The Berzerker just to scare the hell out of people if I put the bass up. Pretty general list now that i look at it- oh well I have a hard time with really underground death metal- it usually isnt that good.

Tss you guys have no taste.
The Chasm
Atheist
Suffocation
Infester
Early Cryptopsy.
Arghoslent
Immolation.

edit:add Cynic and Demlich.