Which is the best, Florida or New York Death Metal?

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
It's a close call,

Florida has:
Atheist
Brutality
Cannibal Corpse
Cynic
Death
Deicide
Hate Eternal
Malevolent Creation
Morbid Angel
Obituary
Six Feet Under

New York has:
Brutal Truth
Incantation
Immolation
Mortician
Pyrexia
Skinless
Suffocation

Please give your opinions and name some more bands from these areas.

Florida, for Cynic, Atheist, Death and Morbid Angel.

Still, I do enjoy Immolation and Suffocation.

Florida. (not just cuz i live there..;)) for morbid angel and six feet under. :headbang:

but i like suffocation also.

Florida, because it has more death metal bands, and had the biggest death metal scene anywhere in the world in the early/mid 1990s. It also has Monstrosity, Malevolent Creation, Brutality, and Hate Eternal. Suffocation is probably my favorite band, and they are from New York, but that is just one band.

I don't see any point in grouping the bands to where they're from unless theres a particular trend in the styles they play. Looking at the bands, I can't see any.

Florida, for Death, Cynic, and Atheist.

Although Suffocation are from NY, and that's something...

...but I hate Mortician!

Charubic Murder said:
The Florida scene is greatly overrated. The New York scene had better song writing and musicianship. Though, I prefer the more European style to the lot.
Sorry but both Death and Cynic alone are superior to any other band from these areas when it comes to song writing and especially musicianship.

SunlapseVertigo said:
Sorry but both Death and Cynic alone are superior to any other band from these areas when it comes to song writing and especially musicianship.
How does ripping off Cynic (demo era) and Coroner make Death "superior" to anyone in songwriting?

bay area. severed savior, impaled, exhumed, psypheria...

florida is also fantastic. better than NY
~gR~