Brutal Death albums

Favorite Death Metal Albums. Not sure why people can't just ask what is your favorite death metal albums instead of using the world 'brutal'.

Demigod: slumber of the sullen eyes
Adramelech: psychostasia
Morbid Angel: altars of madness
Incantation: onward to golgotha
Amorphis: the karelian isthmus
Edge of Sanity: unorthodox
Brutality: when the sky turns black
Entombed: left hand path
Bloodbath: nightmares made flesh
Immolation: dawn of possession
Gorement: ending quest
Fleshcrawl: descend into the absurd
Gorguts: considered dead
Demilich: nespithe
God Macabre: the winterlong
Gorefest: false
Carcass: necroticism

Killbot said:
because brutal is the kvlt of death metal
Eh not really. "Elitist" dm (ie. Demilich, Windham Hell, Demigod, Infester, etc.) is the kvlt of death metal. Brutal death metal is a specific style of death metal, much of which elitists deem to be crap.

The Greys said:
Favorite Death Metal Albums. Not sure why people can't just ask what is your favorite death metal albums instead of using the world 'brutal'.

Amorphis: the karelian isthmus

Gorefest: false
I figured he just meant the most heavy but who knows the tr00 answer, heh.

That Amorphis album is indeed very ejoyable as was Privilege of Evil (which almost made my list).

Gorefest first 2 were very cool too, pity some bands progress so fast but i guess most bands have usually been playing their own songs for years before they're released to the masses...

Deicide - Scars Of The Crucifix
Cannibal Corpse - Butchered At Birth
Archgoat - Angelslaying Black Fucking Metal

TheGreatDeceiver said:
What the hell is up with the Demigod worship/fellatio that has suddenly struck this board? The album came out in 1992 and I hadn't even heard of it until everyone and their grandmother latched on to it recently. Personally, I don't think it is even better than Shadow Mechanics, which I have had for about 6 months before hearing about their older stuff.

So with that said my list would include anything by the following bands:

Nile
Cryptopsy
Gorguts
Suffocation
Immolation

People are fellating Demigod 'slumber of the sullen eyes' because they're sick of hearing Nile releasing the same brutal death metal album every year.

The Greys said:
People are fellating Demigod 'slumber of the sullen eyes' because they're sick of hearing Nile releasing the same brutal death metal album every year.

Hahahaha, that is actually not far from the truth considering in structure 'Cast Down The Heretic' is the same song as 'Black Seeds Of Vengance" and most Nile songs lack any variety without the middle eastern stuff.

Brutal Death, he means the sub-genre of death metal not death metal in general for anyone wondering. I'll have to have a think about this one before I make my list, there are a lot of great bands and albums.

TheGreatDeceiver said:
What the hell is up with the Demigod worship/fellatio that has suddenly struck this board? The album came out in 1992 and I hadn't even heard of it until everyone and their grandmother latched on to it recently.

It's been really popular on this board for two years or more... It's also absolutely fucking brilliant, I guess my grandma has better taste than you.

These are some of my favorites

Circle of Dead Children - The Genocide Machine
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Deranged - High on Blood
Gorgasm - Bleeding Profusely
Immolation - Failures for Gods
Iniquity - Five Across the Eyes
Malignancy - Intrauterine Cannibalism
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Necrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction
Severe Torure - Misanthropic Carnage

TheGreatDeceiver said:
What the hell is up with the Demigod worship/fellatio that has suddenly struck this board? The album came out in 1992 and I hadn't even heard of it until everyone and their grandmother latched on to it recently. Personally, I don't think it is even better than Shadow Mechanics, which I have had for about 6 months before hearing about their older stuff.

It's quite simply one of the most powerful and intelligently crafted death metal albums ever unleashed. It is the elite of death metal. Prefering "Shadow Mechanics" is an obvious sign of a deteriorating brain.

Malignance said:
It's quite simply one of the most powerful and intelligently crafted death metal albums ever unleashed. It is the elite of death metal. Prefering "Shadow Mechanics" is an obvious sign of a deteriorating brain.

:lol: While I agree, that's not exactly the nicest way to put it.

Priest of Evil said:
Devourment - Molesting the Decapitated
Gorgasm - Stabwound intercourse
Grave - Into the Grave
Seance - Fornever Laid to Rest
Immolation - Dawn of Possession
Obituary - Slowly we Rot
Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream
Suffocation - Human Waste
Disgorge - She Lay Gutted
Monstrosity - Imperial Doom

:headbang:

Brodequin - Instruments of Turture
Sect of Execration - Baptised Through Blasphemy
Ancient Necropsy - s.t.
Disgorge - Parallels of Infinite Torture
Dislimb - Bleeding Anxiety
Enmity - Illuminations of Vile Engorgement
Devourment - 1.3.8.
Odious Mortem - Devouring the Prophecy
Sanatorium - Celebration of Exhumation
Emeth - Insidious

All that really needs to be said is that you think Shadow Mechanics is better. That speaks volumes.

TheGreatDeceiver said:
Would you like to tell me how shitty vocals, even worse production, and okay songwriting equals "the most powerful and intelligently crafted death metal albums ever unleashed"? They get an A for having some cool riffs, but other than that I can't say that this album is any better than Pierced From Within, Leprosy, or None So Vile.

Then again you probably think Demilich is the epitome of all things metal. :yuk:

The production is great,clear,upfront,natural. You have to also remember the cd came out in 1992. The music is original and complex for early 90's death metal. Do you honestly think if the production sounded like a plastic clicky typewriter using pro-tools it would be better ?. In death metal now you can't even really tell how tight a musician is or anything because their playing flaws have been edited to hell. Play your guitar tracks,drums,etc.. every little fuck up can be taken out. What happened to a more natural sound. Give Nile,etc... the same budget, recording environment,equipment,etc.. as Demigod when recording 'slumber of the sullen eyes' and see if the outcome is nearly as amazing especially when their music is not memorable.

Don't nag a bands song writing when you list bands that have no song writing ability at all. Nile has never had good song writing. Old Cryptopsy is great but they have not had decent song writing abilities for probably ten years. Once Was Not has one of the worst akward production jobs.

You're the only person in the universe that gives a shit about production when it comes to judging old Finnish Death Metal.