Want input on list of essential Basic listening: Death Metal

Christ. I think I'm most offended by Aeon being on that list. Dismember's worst album is better than all theirs combined. Also Into the fucking Grave is just as important as LaES or LHP, honestly its only second to Dark Recollections as far as I'm concerned.

Here's a few bands from sweden that are much better than Entombed or dismember.

Amon Amarth.
Aeon.
At The Gates.
Bloodbath.
Dark Tranquillity.
Edge of Sanity.
Hypocrisy.
In Flames.
Katatonia.
Meshuggah.
Opeth.

:lol: aaaahhhaHAHHAhhhaha WOW. Really?? :lol:

Honestly :lol:, im not even going to bother with you anymore, but wow, that fucking list made my day. lol un'fucking believable. :lol:

Christ. I think I'm most offended by Aeon being on that list. Dismember's worst album is better than all theirs combined. Also Into the fucking Grave is just as important as LaES or LHP, honestly its only second to Dark Recollections as far as I'm concerned.
Metallica's worse album is better than Dismembers best, and I hate Metallica.

Definitely, Into the Grave is essential Swedish DM.

It's the only other album i would have mentioned with Like An Ever Flowin Stream and Dark Recollections , but i just dont think its quite as good as those other two. But still, i fucking love that album.

:lol: aaaahhhaHAHHAhhhaha WOW. Really?? :lol:

Honestly :lol:, im not even going to bother with you anymore, but wow, that fucking list made my day. lol un'fucking believable. :lol:
What does Entombed have that every other good old school dm didn't have? Oh that's right, boring as fuck riffs, mediocre growling, and even more terrible production.

This is where the updated list stands:

Amorphis - Tales From the Thousand Lakes
Asphyx - The Rack
At The Gates - The Red In the Sky is Ours
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Autopsy - Severed Survival
Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Cynic - Focus
Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Death - Spiritual Healing
Deicide - Deicide
Deicide - Legion
Demilich - Nespithe
Devourment - Molesting the Decapitated
Dismember - Like an Everflowing Stream
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Gorguts - Considered Dead
Immolation - Dawn of Possession
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Necrophagist: Onset of Putrefaction
Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Possessed - Seven Churches
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten

Who thinks Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes or something by Vader belongs on the list?

Do you think Soulside Journey belongs?
Slumber of Sullen Eyes is a MUST. Deathcult for Eternity by the Chasm is essential as well. I would personally switch out Considered Dead for Obscura. Considered dead just seems like regular old school Death Metal while Obscura is something that stands on its own. Oh, and lose Spiritual Healing and put in Leprosy. Otherwise, solid as fuck. :kickass: Great job.