Any drummers here use Axis Longboards

I got trick pro-1v 2 years ago for less than 200e so I took them and never looked back. They're way more solid than axis and have a slightly heavier feel which is better for me. I like to not use triggers (but still on albums I tend to mix some sample in) live so the extra power is nice.

I hope you don't go on tour with your Axis, you're almost guaranteed to bust some allen screws and lose about 50% of your hair trying to fix that shit with 6 different keys all doing different stuff.

Yeah if there is one thing the axis pedals lack, it's power.

I've done several tours since i got longboards though, and after i hand tightened all of the bolts, it's been solid as a rock ever since. No problem at all mechanically

I do have one huge complaint though. The way the cut out the word "axis" on the pedal makes several spots super sharp, and it happens to be right where my feet are. I play without shoes, so this sux.
i just put tape over it though...

My drummer uses longboards and we find that the stupid allen bolt that controls the footboard angle/beater angle always loosens a bit and after playing for an hour or so the right pedal (the one that gets the most use of course) is at a totally different angle to the left pedal and is totally annoying and impossible to play... Stupid allen bolts.

yeah our drummers been using them for about 2 years and they definately aren't with out their problems- The beater on the right foot has come off a few time during shows and it took him a while to be able to play properly with them. They really suit his style and he loves them though.
I'm a bit of a drummer myself and can't stand them- I use DW's and can't do jack shit with the axis pedals, I've played on them tons of times but never for a long period of time- not longer than 15 minutes or so anyways, so I've never gotten used to them. I dislike the way they lack power, always seems to be missing something when I play with them like that cause I'm a bit of a hard hitter

I have some DW pedals too, and those are probably my fave pedals since I never do very fast stuff, but jumping between DW and Axis is like jumping from a freight train to a fighter jet. The Axis don't have as much power, but they're just nimble as fuck. I don't think anything has as much power as DW's though IME. Those beaters are like little fucking sledgehammers!

As for quality concerns, I'd feel safer with Axis pedals than, say, Iron Cobras. I can't think of a single drummer I've known who used them who hasn't broken a pair. Myself included. They do feel nice though. Their beaters work wonderfully on Axis pedals, BTW.

My drummer uses longboards and we find that the stupid allen bolt that controls the footboard angle/beater angle always loosens a bit and after playing for an hour or so the right pedal (the one that gets the most use of course) is at a totally different angle to the left pedal and is totally annoying and impossible to play... Stupid allen bolts.

thread tape?

Yeah. A previous band I was in (3 years ago) had a drummer that played 'em and had the same problem, the Allen bolt at the heel joint came loose every 3 minutes on tour and he tightened it so often the thread started stripping and he was forced to jam the bolt in there with and Allen key and tape it down till the end of the tour.

Un-reliability = shit as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't put Axis anywhere near the top of the list of good pedals. Perhaps they've sorted the problem by now though.

I've only seen Iron Cobra's break once and that was from a drummer just kicking really hard (funny enough during a 190 16th note pattern).
Then I thought wait...Axis was probably made light so it was better as you can go faster but another friend of mine has hit 260 on IC's so that blew that thought out the water.

No experience with Trick though :/

I've had a pair of Axis Longboards for about a year now. There's a huge learning curve with them, I'm talking like months!! I got them expecting to be going 250 bpm in a week, and I quickly found out that just isn't possible. But now many months later I'm glad I got them. They are very light and accurate, and will point out any and all weaknesses in your playing, but having them has made me a much better player I think.

They do come loose quite a bit, but I just keep an allen key set and drumkey nearby at shows. I always tighten everything before the show starts, and I've never had anything come loose during a set.