Any experience with Emperor cabs?

Morgan138

Nov 1, 2006
A friend of mine is selling one of these for $450, loaded with V30s. Right now I'm using a pair of homemade 2x12s, but I'm always tempted to upgrade.

They have more info online, but it seems like they're mostly custom so I guess I'm wondering if anyone has a sense of whether they're generally well-built and sound decent. I haven't had a chance to try this one out, and haven't heard my friend use it (although he claims to love the thing).

http://www.emperorcabs.com/HOME2007.html

one of my friends saw this band Russian Circles play using these, and was jonesing for one, alot of dirge-stoner-prog-doom bands use them, he hit the guy up and he was above 800.00 for a 4x12, so Id say go for it, the materials seem solid, and they look real nice, and if for some reason it doesnt yank your crank I bet you could get your money back when you post it for sale.

I'm pretty excited to try it out if he doesn't get cold feet. The only thing that worries me is that it's apparently really heavy, which is sort of a pet peeve of mine. I wish those Engl 2x12s were cheaper and easier to find...

Anyone else have any experience with these cabs and how well they record? I've heard a few live and they sound really good and look amazing. Was thinking about ordering one to match a bogner ubercab specs.

I just saw Nachtmystium (opened for Cradle of Filth) last Saturday night. They used an emperor cab live and I have to say it sounded bad ass! It kind of had an Arch Enemy tone.